Two people stabbed to death at VIP in Hilliard

Casper

I wish I was a billy badass like everyone on here with guns and chuck norris skills. Alas, I will stick to safer bars, I have this skill called common sense and I find another place if it looks a bit seedy

It's just a little hole in the wall neighborhood bar in the center of Hilliard, next to Bankshots.

Honestly though, I hate going to bars anymore. I hate dealing with crowds, waiting to get an overpriced beer, etc. I'd rather just have a few friends over to hang out and drink, play Rock Band, etc. Much more enjoyable.

PS: I'm no badass, that's for sure.

I wish I was a billy badass like everyone on here with guns and chuck norris skills. Alas, I will stick to safer bars, I have this skill called common sense and I find another place if it looks a bit seedy

Silly shitty, Chuck Norris doesn't need guns.

I don't feel the need to go out to bars anymore. I also wouldn't put myself into a bad situation if I didn't have to, like you said.

Except that some of us have actually trained in actual self defense including in dealing with things like disarming an attacker with a knife. Why? because there are people with a realistic view of defense and self defense and would rather not be a victim. We would also like to be able to stand a realistic chance at also protecting those around us.

I did read it. Like I said they couldn't stop one guy from stabbing/cutting 4 people. Doesn't matter if they were trying to stop him or the intended targets. One guy injured 4 people...

You just keep thinking that having a gun would have magically stopped this and other situations like it. Some sort of magical clean shot would have appeared at the right time. Whatever...

I'm trained in self defense against an attacker with edged weapons also, and that training includes disarming that suspect. But I have to tell you that only a F-ing retard is going to intentionally take on an armed attacker unarmed if there is another means to bring an end to the confrontation. It is one thing if you are forced into that situation, but if at all possible, you should go in at least on a level playing field. Personally, I prefer to have superior firepower!

• Upvote 1

Military. I also don't go to actual ranges, I use private property.

Yeah go hang out with all those others in ranges, and sit/visit a couple of classes and range sessions with people going through their courses, most are down right frightening that I've seen. Even my wife after we got through with our course thought it was nuts that most of the people there would be carrying. My Dad's was the same way when I went and visited his to shoot with him after they were done at another place.

Maybe at first CHL carriers were like you, I and a good number of people on here. In general though it looks like more and more are just regular people, some of which haven't even owned a weapon before taking their 12 hours and going through the joke it takes to qualify shooting.

I'm trained in self defense against an attacker with edged weapons also, and that training includes disarming that suspect. But I have to tell you that only a F-ing retard is going to intentionally take on an armed attacker unarmed if there is another means to bring an end to the confrontation. It is one thing if you are forced into that situation, but if at all possible, you should go in at least on a level playing field. Personally, I prefer to have superior firepower!

Nothing like firing bullets into a group of people... it's just awesome. Only a f-ing retard thinks that disarming hand-to-hand is your only option in a situation like this.

Yeah go hang out with all those others in ranges, and sit/visit a couple of classes and range sessions with people going through their courses, most are down right frightening that I've seen. Even my wife after we got through with our course thought it was nuts that most of the people there would be carrying. My Dad's was the same way when I went and visited his to shoot with him after they were done at another place.

Maybe at first CHL carriers were like you, I and a good number of people on here. In general though it looks like more and more are just regular people, some of which haven't even owned a weapon before taking their 12 hours and going through the joke it takes to qualify shooting.

I can't disagree with you on this. It somewhat terrifies me that some people I know are allowed to carry firearms. Though which is worse; them having the gun or just the criminals?

I'm going with my dad and sitting in on the CHL course on the 20th. We'll see how it goes with a bunch of ORDN folks. :lol:

And the points you bring up are why groups such as Ohioans for Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms are working so hard. This is why so many people who do carry regularly try to help educate those that don't carry or the new people.

I really have more to say but I gotta get off lunch and back to work.

I can't disagree with you on this. It somewhat terrifies me that some people I know are allowed to carry firearms. Though which is worse; them having the gun or just the criminals?

How about neither? :lol: Really a lot of people aren't going to hit the criminal to begin with. They will draw fire, kill their own child and sue the state. OK so may be a little extreme of an example, but I personally don't want morons operating weapons. Those are the types of people that have "accidents".

There is more instruction in the MSF course then there is for getting a CHL. Hell it's harder to get a drivers license than to get a CHL in this state. I'm afraid these people are going to kill me just driving to work, I'm not sure I want those same idiots with a gun in their car. :D

After being a bouncer in several bars all I can say is most people drinking are neither qualified to carry or protect anyone with a gun. Needless to say I don't drink anymore or go to bars. Too many idiots out there who think there 10 ft tall and bullet proof and too many folks ready to prove them wrong.:nono:

• Upvote 1

Honestly though, I hate going to bars anymore. I hate dealing with crowds, waiting to get an overpriced beer, etc. I'd rather just have a few friends over to hang out and drink, play Rock Band, etc. Much more enjoyable.

PS: I'm no badass, that's for sure.

I totally agree here! Well, other than the badass part. We're ALL badasses around here! :lol:

But, but, but I thought it was just a bunch of pussies with sticks that couldn't hit shit??

They got lucky? :dunno:

I'm going with my dad and sitting in on the CHL course on the 20th. We'll see how it goes with a bunch of ORDN folks. :lol:

And the points you bring up are why groups such as Ohioans for Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms are working so hard. This is why so many people who do carry regularly try to help educate those that don't carry or the new people.

I really have more to say but I gotta get off lunch and back to work.

Groups like BFA and the rest need to take a politically neutral stance while lobbying for gun rights and education at the same time. You're not going to get as much support for the left or even moderate gun supporters if there are signs every where decrying 'liberal gun grabbers'.

So, I should have no problem in a couple weeks when I go through the course? Good to know! :lol:

Seriously though, I do not take firearm ownership, safety and handling lightly. I'm going to be attentive, and get everything I can out of the class. I also plan to take more advanced classes, beyond the CHL class.

Nothing like firing bullets into a group of people... it's just awesome. Only a f-ing retard thinks that disarming hand-to-hand is your only option in a situation like this.

I did not say anything about firing into a group of people nor did I say anything about disarming him. I was making the illistration that I am indeed trained for this situation. Your initial statement was: "Except that some of us have actually trained in actual self defense including in dealing with things like disarming an attacker with a knife." My statment was: "I have to tell you that only a F-ing retard is going to intentionally take on an armed attacker unarmed if there is another means to bring an end to the confrontation."

I don't know how many bar fights you have broken up in your time, but I will tell you that I have broken up HUNDREDS. Some of those were in college bars and others were in thug bars that you wouldn't come within a mile of the neighborhood. Also, I have had to disarm a couple of armed suspects (by hand), in real life situations as part of my job. That being said, I stand by my statment that "only a F-ing retard is going to intentionally take on an armed attacker unarmed if there is another means to bring an end to the confrontation."

The day that you have had to go hand to hand with an armed suspect that ends with one of you going home and one leaving in a bag, come and talk to me. Until that day, you are only living with delusions of grandeur .

• Upvote 1

While you may decide you can hold your own against a man with a knife, this is just one possible outcome of an altercation with a man with a knife.

ATT1-2.jpg

Always remember that there is someone faster, better trained, and possibly has nothing to use at which point, you may end up in a box.

Edited by flounder

I did not say anything about firing into a group of people nor did I say anything about disarming him. I was making the illistration that I am indeed trained for this situation. Your initial statement was: "Except that some of us have actually trained in actual self defense including in dealing with things like disarming an attacker with a knife." My statment was: "I have to tell you that only a F-ing retard is going to intentionally take on an armed attacker unarmed if there is another means to bring an end to the confrontation."

I don't know how many bar fights you have broken up in your time, but I will tell you that I have broken up HUNDREDS. Some of those were in college bars and others were in thug bars that you wouldn't come within a mile of the neighborhood. Also, I have had to disarm a couple of armed suspects (by hand), in real life situations as part of my job. That being said, I stand by my statment that "only a F-ing retard is going to intentionally take on an armed attacker unarmed if there is another means to bring an end to the confrontation."

The day that you have had to go hand to hand with an armed suspect that ends with one of you going home and one leaving in a bag, come and talk to me. Until that day, you are only living with delusions of grandeur .

I like the assumption that I haven't, no one in a body bag though. The point is to disable not kill 99.999999% of the time. Unless you've had shitty training of course.