Two people stabbed to death at VIP in Hilliard

Casper

The day that you have had to go hand to hand with an armed suspect that ends with one of you going home and one leaving in a bag, come and talk to me. Until that day, you are only living with delusions of grandeur .

I like the assumption that I haven't, no one in a body bag though. The point is to disable not kill 99.999999% of the time. Unless you've had shitty training of course.

I think your disregard for this last part of his comments anwers that question.

Nice ninja edit BTW... Totally screwed up my post.

I think your disregard for this last part of his comments anwers that question.

Nice ninja edit BTW... Totally screwed up my post.

I'm a ninja after all.

Not a ninja edit BTW, just unintentionally hit 'Submit Reply' while clicking around.

Wow... I look forward to being able to carry in places that serve alcohol. I do not drink so disarming just because I am around people that drink makes no sense to me. If that were the case I would not be able to carry 50% of the time. And yes, I would have shot him if he did not stop when the gun was pulled. I would not want to try and disarm a man with a knife; I have seem the outcome many times. One level above the other guy is good for me! But hey, if someone wants to try and stop him with their hands, who am I to prevent that...

I like the assumption that I haven't, no one in a body bag though. The point is to disable not kill 99.999999% of the time. Unless you've had shitty training of course.

I understand that the intention is to disable and not kill. However, if there is a person with a knife taking an agressive posture toward you THEIR intention is to KILL not DISABLE. If they only wanted to fight, the knife would have never come out. If they didn't want a confrontation to begin with, they would have just left. My point was that if you are in that situation, you are in a better postion if you have a superior weapon. There is a 3 prong test for deadly force in law enforcemnt. That test is method, threat, and opportunity. If you meet all three prongs, you should not be going hands on, you should be shooting!

Edited by FZRMatt
  • Upvote 1

Wow... I look forward to being able to carry in places that serve alcohol. I do not drink so disarming just because I am around people that drink makes no sense to me. If that were the case I would not be able to carry 50% of the time. And yes, I would have shot him if he did not stop when the gun was pulled. I would not want to try and disarm a man with a knife; I have seem the outcome many times. One level above the other guy is good for me! But hey, if someone wants to try and stop him with their hands, who am I to prevent that...

I actually wish they would make it so you can carry concealed in bars that allow it. I think it should be (as long as you aren't drinking) you should be able to carry in any establish were the owner (or agent) of the establishment allows it. Period.

^^^ The smack has been put down, and the rest are now shut down.

Matt, thanks for your service to the public, BTW...

Are you cia or a supercop fusion? Sorry yes my bravo was for fzr and his service.

It is my pleasure! I enjoy going to work every day (althought it is getting harder with SB5)!

I understand that the intention is to disable and not kill. However, if there is a person with a knife taking an agressive posture toward you THEIR intention is to KILL not DISABLE. If they only wanted to fight, the knife would have never come out. If they didn't want a confrontation to begin with, they would have just left. My point was that if you are in that situation, you are in a better postion if you have a superior weapon. There is a 3 prong test for deadly force in law enforcemnt. That test is method, threat, and opportunity. If you meet all three prongs, you should not be going hands on, you should be shooting!

Most of that is 'uh yeah duh', up until the "should be shooting" part. That's a bit oversimplified.

I think we're missing the bigger picture here.

It's much more satisfying to kill a man with your bare hands than your bear arms.

They can't handle it, it's too personal to go hand-to-hand. They prefer stay at a distance so they can pretend they are playing Call of Duty.

Most of that is 'uh yeah duh', up until the "should be shooting" part. That's a bit oversimplified.

It is not oversimplified. If someone has a knife/gun/club/pipe/broken glass bottle (method), aims/points/swings it toward you (threat), and does not have their hands tied behind their backs (opportunity), they can cause serious physical harm/kill you at will. That is a deadly force situation!

Like the quote that is so prominent around her says "it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6." I have gone before Grand Jury in Franklin Co. before, and if my job requires it again, I will do it again. I will not leave my wife, who has been with me for 22 years nor my 3 small children without a fight! The reality of my job is that every day at least 1 person in this city would kill myself or one of my fellow officers if given the opportunity. It makes no sense to pretend that I am Chuck Norris when the situation dictates lethal force.

• Upvote 1

It is not oversimplified. If someone has a knife/gun/club/pipe/broken glass bottle (method), aims/points/swings it toward you (threat), and does not have their hands tied behind their backs (opportunity), they can cause serious physical harm/kill you at will. That is a deadly force situation!

Like the quote that is so prominent around her says "it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6." I have gone before Grand Jury in Franklin Co. before, and if my job requires it again, I will do it again. I will not leave my wife, who has been with me for 22 years nor my 3 small children without a fight! The reality of my job is that every day at least 1 person in this city would kill myself or one of my fellow officers if given the opportunity. It makes no sense to pretend that I am Chuck Norris when the situation dictates lethal force.

Yup. Except in some situations you don't have time to pull your weapon...hence over simplified.

Yup. Except in some situations you don't have time to pull your weapon...hence over simplified.

It doesn't change the fact that it is a deadly force situation and you SHOULD be shooting.

It doesn't change the fact that it is a deadly force situation and you SHOULD be shooting.

Not if you can't. Should be obvious. If you can't draw and fire your weapon, you can't draw and fire your weapon. If the situation presented means you won't have time to draw and fire your weapon, still trying to probably isn't the best option.

Not if you can't. Should be obvious. If you can't draw and fire your weapon, you can't draw and fire your weapon. If the situation presented means you won't have time to draw and fire your weapon, still trying to probably isn't the best option.

In my job, if you are close enough to be assaulted in a deadly force situation, your tactics suck.