Picked me up another shotgun today

Gump

1974 Winchester 1500 XTR with a Slug barrel and a vent rib 28" full choke barrel. Will replace my untrusty rusty Remington 1148 deer gun on nice weather days. Pretty much looks like the below.pictures%20162.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

img_9645.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Just a preference. I like older, well made, real wood guns with character. I'm not big on all the plastic and fake wood or laminates they use these days and I like it to feel like a gun not a toy. They also will go up in value before lowering in value since they're already so old.

Ya, i like it. Been wanting a older Remington 1100 but this will do.

Where did you get your's powder coated? I wouldn't mind getting the old Rem 1148 coated. The wood is still nice.

Whenever you want, i'm ready. I have my daughters next weekend and tomorrow I want to go riding and do yard work though unless you want to meet up somewhere. Wonder if you can mount gun scabbard to a motorcycle. kinda but not just like the below video.

or one of these

http://youtu.be/iObcw5FSpJM

Edited by Gump

Just a preference. I like older, well made, real wood guns with character. I'm not big on all the plastic and fake wood or laminates they use these days and I like it to feel like a gun not a toy. They also will go up in value before lowering in value since they're already so old.

+1... oh yeah, I'll agree with that.

Just remember not to use the steel shot on the choke. I'm pretty sure you already know that.

very nice!

I just finished my 1980's model 1100 for 3 gun in Novermber-December. Took it out and ran it a few times, no issues.

Went out for a little while on Saturday to run it. Loaded her up with 10 rounds and 1 in the chamber. Buzzer. Bang Bang. Click.. WTF!

Something is up with the firing pin now. Arrgh

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I didn't get into guns until 2009, so I'm ignorant to the older guns.

I am getting a shotgun next for sure though. Always wanted one.

^ dont buy a remington 870 - despite what all the damn nutswingers say!!! buy a mossberg 500 if youre buying a new gun and want something cheap...if the budget isnt a big deal - the benelli nova is a sweet gun!

I like my 870, jerk face. :p

i like mine too - when it works properly :(

its our for warranty work as we speak! havent even seen the thing in a month, and i just bought it in october! only 200rds through it and its out for jamming up

google search shows that a LOT of people are having problems with new 870s...apparently the quality is going downhill