Question about KTM Orange Days

Xfz

I would like to get some feed back from the experienced folks on here. I am going to do my first track day. To save my sanity, I am thinking about signing up for one of the KTM days.(4/25). They supply everything but the personal gear and include coaching. I just have to show up and learn. What do you guys think? Any experience with the orange guys??

Well, I can obviously give a perspective from being a part of KTM... It is a great opportunity to ride for about $80 more than a standard Mid-Ohio full day event. For $80, you get to ride equally prepped 2011 RC8Rs with fresh tires and we keep them full of gas. If you weighed the costs out, you'd spend more than $80 to use your own bike...

We try and have it set up so that it is pretty seamless for you the customer. We want it to be a fun and exciting day for you and I think we do a good job of getting that done.

Of course, I am a bit biased, but if I were to look at it completely as a customer, it is a great chance to try a track day, but also to get some seat time on a pretty cool machine...

We run Dunlop Q2s which are an awesome track day tire. We also have all the RC8Rs this year at the full on track set-up. Meaning, all the sub frames are raised, all the pegs are up and we have all the suspension settings at the track setting. Last year, we had to work with Skip Barber and they always had stuff lowered as their demographic was older and wanted it that way...

We also will not have to worry about sound issues and the FMF extensions which were known to drag a bit. So, pretty good set-up!

I second the KTM days because I'm a lazy bum that would rather just show up and ride.

Not to mention that's the only chance I'm going to be able to hop on and ride around on a bike worth more than both mine combined. It really is a legitimately good deal at the MSRP for the day, even better at a discount.

as an outsider watching in if you will i got to watch how KTM ran their aspect of the trackday down at Jennings last month while the rest of us were riding our bikes.. i have to say it was very seemless.. the bikes were set up and ready to ride so after the riders meeting you pretty much hoped on and went. never had to worry about gassing up, checking your tire pressures..after being warmed up. takes a lot of the "worry" out of the day

if your looking at it i would go that way if your worried about boning your bike. i remember my first track day i was TERRIFIED of a get off on my bike it took some of the fun out of it.. now its a bit different i have track plastics and whatnot but as a beginner wanting to get a taste... i wish i would have thought of this the first time

• 4 weeks later...

what happens if you lay the bike down??? will that go on my insurance or will i have to pay for what i break? Not saying i would go out and thrash a bike becasue it is not mine but that is the main reason i have not hit the track is i would not be able to afford replacing my bike if something were to happen.

what happens if you lay the bike down??? will that go on my insurance or will i have to pay for what i break? Not saying i would go out and thrash a bike becasue it is not mine but that is the main reason i have not hit the track is i would not be able to afford replacing my bike if something were to happen.

Healea will cover it. I think I remember him stating that....

;)

Basically, the wording shows that you are responsible for any damage that you inflict on to our bikes...

However, we look at each and every incident and see what happened, who was at fault, whether or not you were acting like an idiot and abusing the bike, etc...

We have charged guys for doing some serious damage to the bikes. Crashing while acting like a tool bag and you shouldn't expect anything less. After all, I am the guy at the Rider's Meeting that has to be the asshole and tell everyone that treating the bikes like rental cars is a really bad idea and will NOT be tolerated...

If you do get charged for the crash, you will get employee cost on the parts and zero dollars in labor. All added up, you'd pay way less than had you crashed your own bike...

Basically, it is all about having fun and we do a great job of amping you all up. We are serious when we need to be, but overall, it is a REALLY great time for everyone.

Come on out!! PM me if you have any questions.

I can not believe this. I have been rained out for both 4/25 and 5/2. So June first it is. That poor lady at Mid Ohio keeps calling and making apologies, like as if she had any control over mother nature. The sad part is that I keep getting pumped up for nothing. :(