Avon Storm tires

sporttour

I have been riding on Avon Storm tires the last two years. I got 24k out of an Avon Storm on the front. A Storm 2 Ultra on the rear is at 15k with probably another 2 - 5k remaining. I run these tires at 42 PSI. This is the best mileage I have gotten out of any tires on any bike.

Anyone else able to get this kind of mileage out of a sport touring tire?

I think I got about 9-10k out of pirelli diablo strada I'd have to check to be sure right now I'm running pirelli angel st and I think I'm at about 6k on them and lots of tread left I've been looking at the Avon Storm 2 Ultra might be the next set I get

i hate the avon storms.. they are a super hard tire.. just not enough grip for my taste..

love the Pilot Road 2... betting the PR3's will be even better

The road 3s are already getting better reviews than the 2s, but i have to say, it's a ugly tire. And thats the main reason they don't sell as well. As much as i hate saying it, people won't run tires they don't like the looks of, regardless of how good it is.

i personally will go with the Conti Road attack 2s when my Road attacks are done. My personal favorite tire to sell/use.

I'll be spooning a set of those onto my wheels within the next few weeks. The Conti Road Attacks are amazing tires. A couple peeps I ride with will only run that tire on their bikes. I opted for the ContiMotions' date=' which proved extremely sticky and have a great profile, but I've completely blown threw them in less than 4k miles. The Road Attacks are next on my list.[/quote']

The motions are great tires, for what they are, a price minded sport/touring tire. Very very good prices. Pony just slashed the prices on the motions a week or so ago. I've been very happy with my road attacks, stick well, ride nice and get fantastic mileage. the 2s are multi compound and get up to 20%, thats right, 20% more milage,all while sticking better and being better in the rain. can't beat that. Read some of the reviews in the sport and sport touring magazines, very impressive.

I have the road 3s and Ill say so far they have been great. I put around 3500 miles on them already and hey show no signs of wear. I took a trip to New Orleans and around the gulf coast last week. Temps ranged from 30 to 95 and I had no problems with them anywhere. I was most impressed with the grip coming through the mountains it was 34 degrees the last 300-400 miles and was raining most of the way

My rear Avon Storm failed at about 16.4k miles while returning from VA last Friday. The tire failed as I was doing about 80 MPH in I-68 about 15 miles east of Morgantown, WV. The tire was so worn at the point of failure the belts were starting to show and I was unable to plug the tire. I got a Dunlop Sportmax 160/60/17 to get me home. I will be replacing it with an Avon this week. If you are interested in the Dunlop, I want to get rid of it. It has about 350 miles on it.

Got my new Avon Storm 2 Ultra installed today. I wonder if the 2 Ultra mileage will exceed that of the old Avon Storm.

the 2 should get maybe a little more milage, but mostly just more even being a dual compound. From what i see they don't flatten out so much in the centers of the back. The front is where the real difference is, people can't say enough abou the ones to the twos when switching the fronts.