Back when I was a kid....

chevysoldier

Remember pay phones outside the convenience store that cost a whopping dime to use? I remember using them to call home to ask if I could stay outside a little longer over at a friend's house.

And playing outside consisted of BB gun wars with real BB guns pumped as many times as you could muster the strength to pump. always left a nice welt.

Oh, and building ramps with scrap wood from the construction sites we'd drag 10 blocks so that we could jump our BMX bikes off of. No one ever wore helmets as those were for motorcycles. Speaking of motorcycles, ChiPs is the reason I wanted to be a cop. Ponch and John always got the ladies.

I think I was part of the last generation of real kids and I watched it disappear, I remember the metal tonka trucks, watching real cartoons on saturday mornings and making ramps out of scrap wood my dad had laying around from the various tables and shelves he liked to make for the house which always looked way better than any crap you can buy. I would sleep over friends houses after riding bikes around all day and shooting stuff in their back yards with pellet guns and we wouldnt watch tv until it was dark and we had to come in, and even then we were playing some kind of game and tv really had no importance. But when I was about 14 video games started to take over but there wasnt really anything you could do about it cuz if you wanted to play with your friends you had to play video games, no one wanted to go outside anymore. And tv shows started to get really stupid, every show on kids channels now is a mini drama about the dumbest shit and we wonder why little girls are snotty bitches who idolize whores like miley cirus.

Edited by JStump

Remember pay phones outside the convenience store that cost a whopping dime to use? I remember using them to call home to ask if I could stay outside a little longer over at a friend's house.

And playing outside consisted of BB gun wars with real BB guns pumped as many times as you could muster the strength to pump. always left a nice welt.

Oh, and building ramps with scrap wood from the construction sites we'd drag 10 blocks so that we could jump our BMX bikes off of. No one ever wore helmets as those were for motorcycles. Speaking of motorcycles, ChiPs is the reason I wanted to be a cop. Ponch and John always got the ladies.

I remember pay phones! Do they even exist anymore?

The good ole ramps we would build out of whatever we could find! Some of the boards were questionable at best, and ready to break at any time! I hated it when a car would come down the back alley (we knew whoever it was, it was just that way) and have to take down the ramp as fast as we could, then put it back up after the car woudl pass. Maybe the biggest difference is that we WOULD take down the ramp, instead of trying to "own" the alley.

Born in 71. I can remember walking to the gas station and buying cigarettes for my parents. Metal Tonka trucks were my favorite and pretty much indestructible. Evel Knievel..........

The store would sometimes ask for a note from my parents to make sure it was legit that I was buying cigs for them. Fortunately, that's one thing I have never even wanted to try out, so no worries there!

My tonka trucks were cool. My dad did body and paint work, and he painted my Tonka wrecker red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHQ7EGlnec

I can remember the radio having to be manualy turned for each station. And the best was no car seats or not having to wear a seat belt......fav memory was riding in the old Elcamino w/ a sun roof and standing on the seat with my head some what out of the sun roof going down the street!!!! Classic!!!!!!

Does anyone remember 3 liter bottles of pop? They weren't around for very long, and I don't think any of the major drinks ever came in them, but some of the cheaper stuff did.

wal mart had them when I was in college I know, maybe 4-5 years ago was the last time I've seen one

Does anyone remember 3 liter bottles of pop? They weren't around for very long, and I don't think any of the major drinks ever came in them, but some of the cheaper stuff did.

I found some at the dollar store the other day

When I was 16, I worked at a grocery store. My job was "customer service". I bagged (in paper bags), and carried out groceries for the customers, and loaded them into their cars.

now you have to be mentally handicapped to have that job.

on the mentally handicapped forums they are remembering when they had jobs before customers had to do the bagging themselves

I was mentally handicapped back in those days, but it was alcohol induced! :D I got fired from that job. I guess they want you to show up for work once in a while. :dunno: