IP lost a lot of my respect today

buildit

Went to the pony to get parts and oil. Needed some Mobil1 full synth 4stroke. $15 a quart! Went to auto zone next door and got it for $9 instead. If IP keeps marking up things at 160% I have less of a reason to go there. I used to find far more "good deals" there than I have recently. I hope the current trend doesn't continue.:nono:

Shopping around is the smartest way to do things. You prolly work hard for your $$$.

On the other hand you can't hate IP for making money and keeping the doors open.

Shopping around is the smartest way to do things. You prolly work hard for your $$$.

On the other hand you can't hate IP for making money and keeping the doors open.

I don't hate on them for making money and keeping the doors open, but with their size I would think they'd have some decent buying power, and woul be able/willing to pass some of the savings to their local B&M purchasers vs. online orders. It's almost the same price to order online and have things shipped, and that's more work for them!

I will still buy some things from there, but when something's obviously way over priced, I will shop elsewhere.

Did you get motorcycle Mobil1 at autozone?? It makes a difference!! Car/truck oil is not good for motorcycles with WET clutches!! Your clutch will start to slip.. You need friction modifiers for a wet clutch!! Do a google search on Friction Modifiers for wet clutch's and you can read up about it there, I'm not going to get into it, lots of info!!

Motorcycle oil is normally more expensive!! I'm not saying IP is cheap, because they are far from it, but they have everything you would ever need if you don't want to wait for shipping, or drive somewhere else to get it.

Did you get motorcycle Mobil1 at autozone?? It makes a difference!! Car/truck oil is not good for motorcycles with WET clutches!! Your clutch will start to slip.. You need friction modifiers for a wet clutch!! Do a google search on Friction Modifiers for wet clutch's and you can read up about it there, I'm not going to get into it, lots of info!!

Motorcycle oil is normally more expensive!! I'm not saying IP is cheap, because they are far from it, but they have everything you would ever need if you don't want to wait for shipping, or drive somewhere else to get it.

Advance and Auto Zone both sell Mobil 1 Motorcycle oil. I usually buy mine at Advance because they're closest to my house. They sell popular filters there as well.

I buy my oil at pony.. Support people who support us. PONY... I also just bought a Kendon sportbike lift from them.. Yes I could get it cheaper online and save a few bucks, but its not worth it.. We are very fortunate to have pony around here, and if I can spend a few extra bucks local and support them, I will.. Plus I got my wife a free tee shirt! :D

I get my amsoil there. Hate away foolz!

I also frequent the pepsi machine and the pisser.

Amsoil isn't cheap anywhere!

The Pony makes me happy... purchase or not.

^^^ This. There's something about going into a store with nothing but motorcycle stuff.

Most of what I've bought there I couldn't get much cheaper online after factoring in shipping, and then I'd have the waiting factor. If I can save a significant amount, I will purchase online, and I will continue to check online for better pricing. I guess it all depends on how tight the budget is when I make the purchase!

I love the Pony - it's like motorcycle Walmart. They don't necessarily have the best stuff and I can get it cheaper elsewhere online, but if I need something right now it's great to head to a brick and mortar down the street that actually stocks stuff.

If dealers actually stocked stuff I'd support them too. So sick of hearing, "We don't have it but we can order it," that I don't even bother asking anymore. Why the hell would I drive down to pay you for it, then drive down again a week later to pick it up, when I can have it show up on my doorstep quicker and cheaper?

I say shop around I have found many other bike shops in the state with lower prices on the same items, I tried to get ip to price match and they have told me no because other places prices were to low, I still go there for hard to find stuff or something I need fast and thats it, hate to say but most of my stuff gets ordered online, its good to have them around but like anything you buy shop around and get the most for your money

So yeah, I've been a big fan of IP because historically they have kept prices very low and made it worth the trip from Springfield, unlike Competition Accessories who uses superglue and sand blasting medium to rape you.

I only mentioned the Mobile 1 because I had priced it at other stores before and knew the prices. I still got my 20w50 Amsoil 3qt jug for $44 since I don't know anyone else in Springfield who sells it for less. I always roam the store and price items, but I can't give apple to apple comparison on the other stuff so I won't bring it up, other than it seemed high.

A place the size of IP has to be able to draw people from far away, like me, if they can't then the pain at the pumps will keep us away. A 100 mile round trip means bulk buying and that means I can't ride the bike because it won't all fit. :) I am sure IP will feel the squeeze because of fuel prices on customers and I hope they will continue to stock and sell stuff at good prices using their size to get us good deals. But buying 10000 coats all xxxsmall and selling items available elsewhere for half again the price won't do it.

I'm not giving up on the pony but putting them on price watch. :lol:

I only use 3 qrts a year so an extra $20 would make it more than I pay at IP. :)

Check into using it in your other vehicles as well. Definitely makes it worth it. Been using it for 12 yrs now in everything I own. AMSOIL makes oil for everything. Actually saves you a lot of $ in the long run.