A short description of the different rides

Likwid

This is not inflammatory, just meant to be fun and tongue in cheek.

ORDN = 20 miles, followed by 30-60 minutes of talking and/or eating, rinse, repeat

DTC = 1,200 miles, several tickets and some sheep. No stops

CORE = 400-800 miles, faster than you can ride

AJ = Someone's gonna crash

Personally, ORDN is my favorite ride :D

Edited by Likwid
  • Upvote 1

Phrases most likely to be heard on the rides.

ORDN:

"Alright guys.... can we get going?"

"Where's the next bridge?"

"The radar looks ok"

"We could be at the gap in 3 hours guys"

DTC:

"I fucked a sheep"

"Why are we stopping again?" (100 miles EVERY TIME assholes, I told you my tank doesn't hold that much)

"We can make it to the [500 mile away destination] in ~1 hour guys, let's go"

"Is Duane bringing the buggy?"

CORE:

"Uhmm... you're not wearing full leathers. Go home and come back another ride prepared"

"Don't worry, we'll wait for you at the next turn"

AJ:

(sorry never been on one but I can surmise it will be this)

"Is anyone going back for [so-and-so]?"

Edited by Likwid
  • Upvote 3

I have not had those same experiences. Then again all the "ORDN" rides I go on are Uncle Punk lead for the most part -- which seem more like "CORE" rides.

DTC is for long and straight cruising, because that's the kind of bike the majority of the DTC have. Turns = :eek:

C.O.R.E. rides are a blast and they have accepted me to ride with them after the secret initiation. I know what to expect when they plan a ride and I try to show up to ride with them if I can. The site is very motorcycle focused and there isn't much discussed not associated with riding.

I post here and I plan my rides out of this site, they don't need me to make up rides over there the way I like to ride, all of their rides are how

I like to do them. I have 60 miles before I hit any curves so I make sure my rides are long enough to make up for the 120 miles of boring road so lunches are out. I get entertained by this site and so I post rides here as a way to help out showing people roads and getting the benefit of a group for support. It has burned me a few times with people who were so slow we have been passed by the same cruiser three times or bikes not in good repair but overall it's been worth it. I try to post what I expect from riders and it sometimes comes across that I am being a prick but if the ride doesn’t sound like what you are interested in there are plenty of other rides to chose from.

I trailered down to a CSBA ride last summer and cannot recommend enough to anyone that has a chance to ride with them to do it. I will probably make it down to do a 10/22 ride this year but I don't know if it will be with the AFJ, those guys sound crazy.

• Upvote 1

some of my favorites from DTC

"why are we pulling over? I told you assholes to just stay on 30"

"uhm, 30 goes that way, we need to turn around"

"where are these fucking castles?"

"Justin is signaling left yet again, slowing down, and NOT turning"

"Magz, is that Kenny Loggin's danger zone?"

"Did you see fonzie almost wipe-out on that curve behind ben?"

"Do any of these drugstores carry eye wash cups?"

"Dude, i just peeled my decal off on your exhaust, that was a close one"

Heather(backpack)'s fav

"no no, we'll just go AROUND the storm, I think we can beat it"

• Upvote 1

I don't think I'll ever live the castles ride down. I at least printed out directions... So I was de facto 'that guy' for being the most prepared out of a group of no preparation. My bad for assuming someone, ANYONE would have a GPS. Hell, there was a guy that mounted speakers to his bike - I figured hes an electronics nerd, he'll have GPS.

Nope. :D

• Upvote 1

I've been wanting to ride the the CSBA guys' date=' but I'm concerned that the lightning strikes that will ensue might injure an innocent. The last time I was in a church, lightning hit the steeple. No bullshit. The Reverend said there was a lighting rod inside of it, but still... I know it was because I was there. :eek:[/quote']

I am not religious at all and when the guys at CSBA say that all are welcome they mean it. JCMathis is a great rider and is fast enough to lead any group, plus he is an old jar head. If I remember correctly we might have been on the island at the same time. I am not at your level of having lightning thrown at me and might need to think about riding in your immediate area in the future.

some of my favorites from DTC

"why are we pulling over? I told you assholes to just stay on 30"

"uhm, 30 goes that way, we need to turn around"

"where are these fucking castles?"

"Justin is signaling left yet again, slowing down, and NOT turning"

"Magz, is that Kenny Loggin's danger zone?"

"Did you see fonzie almost wipe-out on that curve behind ben?"

"Do any of these drugstores carry eye wash cups?"

"Dude, i just peeled my decal off on your exhaust, that was a close one"

Heather(backpack)'s fav

"no no, we'll just go AROUND the storm, I think we can beat it"

I don't think I'll ever live the castles ride down. I at least printed out directions... So I was de facto 'that guy' for being the most prepared out of a group of no preparation. My bad for assuming someone, ANYONE would have a GPS. Hell, there was a guy that mounted speakers to his bike - I figured hes an electronics nerd, he'll have GPS.

Nope. :D

LMFAO!! :lol: I'm literally in tears right now from laughing so hard!!

Who remembers this one after some aHole missed another "jog" on 30.... "When I pulled the Uee, this deer jumped out in front of me & I had to dump it" :D

Or how about... "I just hacked into the state's computer system with my phone officer, while you were writing us our tickets, & it says the points won't tranfer"... But guess what Magz?! They did!

CORE: Tpoppa' date=' to be specific: "It's hot!! It's hot!! Why are we standing here? Why are we not riding? You don't have to take off your helmet to put gas in your bike!!"[/quote']

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn right. If my ride is less than 400 miles I feel like a total pussy.

I remember that that ride. There was a large group and crashing ensued on 536. So our route was cut short. I took that Monday off and did a 500 mile solo ride to get it out of my system.

Rep to you Likwid. That was a fun read this morning. I plan to do more rides this year with some of the groups on here.

Edited by C-bus

Or how about... "I just hacked into the state's computer system with my phone officer, while you were writing us our tickets, & it says the points won't tranfer"... But guess what Magz?! They did!

Mine didn't...

My record showed it, but no points were accumulated.

Rep to you Likwid. That was a fun read this morning. I plan to do more rides this year with some of the groups on here.

Thanks! I was worried last night folks would take this the wrong way :)

How about, "f this rain, we can be at the gap in under four hours".

or my personally favorite.... EVERY stop "Guys.... it's not raining in [insert any random city name]... we could be there in '4 hours"

It was amazing, no matter WHERE it was, it was only 4 hours away :)

don't ride a Ducati 998s wearing 1pc leathers for the digital photo scavenger hunt lolololol

i totally thought we were going to hocking and etc getting pics of the 555 sign and whatnot, and we rode around downtown cbus instead. i was a saaaad panda. it would've been fun if i was in squid gear on my scooter though since it was 90 degrees out.

I am not religious at all and when the guys at CSBA say that all are welcome they mean it. JCMathis is a great rider and is fast enough to lead any group, plus he is an old jar head. If I remember correctly we might have been on the island at the same time. I am not at your level of having lightning thrown at me and might need to think about riding in your immediate area in the future.

Thanks for the plug Uncle Punk but did you have to say OLD Jar Head :eek:

As far as being on the island together, I think that was Pastor Dave Brown, I was never on the island. Spent all my time at Cherry Point.

Hope to ride with you again this season as well as many of you other riders that have not been on one of our rides.

Old because we are close to the same age, I might even be a few months older. I kind of remember the three of us being in boot camp about the same time, but I have slept since then so I am not responsible for how I remember things. I went in a year after I graduated in August 1981, 1st battalion right on the parade deck, platoon 1071. I wasn't an air winger though, 2111 small arms repair/armorer.

You don't need my endorsement about your riding skills they will be quite evident if anyone rides with you and your next ride is a great route, I hope you have a good and safe turnout.