Power Pure or Power 2CT??

blake1221

People are telling me to get the power 2ct's.... I dont do a lot of "touring" and love the twisties. From what I've read i think the powers pures are more what I'm looking for. Has anyone used the pures for street only? I'm wondering about the wear? I'd like to get 5-6k out of a set?

If youre riding street, odds are you arent going to outride the ability of the powers. Not a knock on your riding ability, but pures are geared more for track and most ppl arent dragging knees on the street everyday.

You get more life from a power 2ct than a pure any day since theres more of the harder compound.

If youre riding street, odds are you arent going to outride the ability of the powers. Not a knock on your riding ability, but pures are geared more for track and most ppl arent dragging knees on the street everyday.

You get more life from a power 2ct than a pure any day since theres more of the harder compound.

I was getting 1,800 to 2,100 miles per rear with the 2ct riding a 600 going through at least four rears and two fronts, I would expect less with the pures. I choose not to check mileage for tires riding the 1K. I never felt like I needed more tire for street riding than the 2ct but I understand the philosophy of wanting all the grip you can get with the pures. If you go down because of grip you have saved nothing buying a higher mileage tire.

I'm still leaning toward the pures, but with the torque/engine breaking of a twin I'm worried that ill be buying a new set of tires in a few months.

I agree with UP on the grip thing. The pures aren't that much more, like 10-15 bucks for the set shipped

get whatever is cheaper unless you're gonna do track days.

i hear road 2's have almost the same soft compound on the edges as the power 2ct's do but the center is great for touring. tpoppa runs the shit out of his 1125r with his road 2's.

get whatever is cheaper unless you're gonna do track days.

i hear road 2's have almost the same soft compound on the edges as the power 2ct's do but the center is great for touring. tpoppa runs the shit out of his 1125r with his road 2's.

This.

There is a difference in grip with the different classes of tires. My Honda came with a set of Bridgestone 015 that I hated. I have a front with 81 miles on it that I am keeping for a back up but I will not mount it on purpose to ride with. I don't know about the pilot roads but I can find the limits of the 2cts and I don't think I want to go any faster than they allow for street riding. I'm sure the pures are better than the 2ct and they are better than the roads. If you don't have a feel for the limits of the tires you are currently using you might not need to upgrade to a lower mileage tire.

that is very true. i can say i haven't been able to over heat the Q2's i'm running right now (nor hit the "max" lean angle), but that is not a "good" thing since i am slow still.

i've found that the corsa III and pilot power 2ct have been the best for rain so far.

I'm on a dunflop sportmax right now, maybe I'll go with the 2cts. idk glad i started this thread before i pulled the trigger on the new tires tho. I like that the pures are almost 2 pounds lighter, the superchicken is a on the heavy side lol

Brent my friend swears by the q2s

that is very true. i can say i haven't been able to over heat the Q2's i'm running right now (nor hit the "max" lean angle), but that is not a "good" thing since i am slow still.

i've found that the corsa III and pilot power 2ct have been the best for rain so far.

I like the feel of the corsa III better than the 2ct but find that the grip is about equal. The corsa gives more feedback because I can feel the flex in the tire. I buy the corsa III or the 2ct on the most convenient or cheapest source. I have ridden a ZX10 with the Bridgestone 016 and liked them, just a tick under the 2ct in grip but not unmanageable and would be a buy at the right time. I know nothing about the Dunlops but I trust people who like them and might give them a try if the right deal shows up.

I do as much as I can not to ride in the rain.

on track, the bt016's gave out faster than the power 2ct, q2, and corsa III. they lasted the shortest number of track days. even riding at the relatively slow pace i am, the stones started getting squirmy and mushy on corner exit and with throttle-on at lean.

although, if they had weird tire pressure requirements, it could've been human error. anyway, it just goes to show that tire preference, just like everything else, is up to usage and just plain whether you like them or had a good experience with them or not.

on track, the bt016's gave out faster than the power 2ct, q2, and corsa III. they lasted the shortest number of track days. even riding at the relatively slow pace i am, the stones started getting squirmy and mushy on corner exit and with throttle-on at lean.

although, if they had weird tire pressure requirements, it could've been human error. anyway, it just goes to show that tire preference, just like everything else, is up to usage and just plain whether you like them or had a good experience with them or not.

I didn't spend a whole day on the 016 and they didn't give great feedback but I could feel the grip, (Not quite what the 2cts are) I have no knowledge about their life, but I thought they were a decent street tire for the price. If their life is less than the 2ct then I will stay away from them. Good to hear some additional feedback from someone who has more time with them.

price wise, this is what i per set, shipped:

powers: 185 (i think?)

power 2ct: 190

bt016: 215

pures: i think it was just over 200?

corsa III: they don't do this deal anymore, but it was about 175. i should've bought more.

Q2: just under 200

track, the Q2 have been the best value so far. i have yet to try try the pures though. i also have a set of pilot race with a power one front waiting for when i can finally out-ride the Q2's and pures, which might not be for a while. i'll probably stockpile Q2's and pures in any case.

People are telling me to get the power 2ct's.... I dont do a lot of "touring" and love the twisties. From what I've read i think the powers pures are more what I'm looking for. Has anyone used the pures for street only? I'm wondering about the wear? I'd like to get 5-6k out of a set?

Dunlop roadsmarts....amazing and last. Dual compound and not one rider can out use them on the street. Not many tires are bad for the street. You show me a fast street rider and I can show you one that can keep up on roadsmarts with no issue.