What happens when your bike falls off the ramp during loading

tyler524

Well I was loading my bike last night for the trackday today and I am still not sure what the hell ended up happening but the bike ended up on the ground. I was walking up the ramp on the left and the bike was on the ramp on the *right* and I don't really remember what happened but I am thinking that the back wheel may have dropped off the ramp which cause the bike to kind of throw itself over the ramp on the left and end up next to my truck.

Damage appears to be:

Broken off LH rearset

Shifter bent in even more

Busted tail light

Broken Brights/Turn Signal Switch Controls

Bent clutch lever

Busted the plastics up pretty bad, more so than they were before

5719474446_79d142dddb_b.jpg

5718506029_81fa566cfc_b.jpg

5719063842_91963f1212_b.jpg

5719062734_e2c5263fbd_b.jpg

5719061368_40e2ee33b1_b.jpg

5719059844_ffcc88d5b4_b.jpg

5718498647_416c22b71c_b.jpg

5718497665_5a8fbb9802_b.jpg

5719515038_1fe549d2cf_b.jpg

Edited by tyler524

Just liability, the plastics were already messed up since it was laid down before I got it. I just bought a new integrated tail light and just bought new flush mount front signals a few days ago that I hadn't put on yet. A couple guys on the 600rr forums said that they might have the rearset and signal controls. My gf might pay for most of the cost for a new set of plastics for my bday which was kind of the plan even before this happened.

Do you carry insurance on it? Comprehensive claim baby.

I think that would be collision. Comp is when something happens and there's no one to blame it on, like fire, theft, tree falls on it etc. Collision is the king of all coverages - that's for when you're to blame.

When I bought my Strom I had to offload it from the trailer on my own. 0.1 miles on the odo and I was conviced I was gonna drop the damn thing.

I made an 8" wide ramp from scrap lumber and took a bunch of cinderblocks I had lying around and made myself platforms for under my feet. I was able to back the bike off the trailer while sitting astride it, and my I had a solid surface under both feet.

bikeramp.jpg

man that sucks! Its exactly why I decided to say screw it and just buy a trailer. I was way to scared to even attempt to load my buddies shitty $500 bike let alone mine

man that sucks! Its exactly why I decided to say screw it and just buy a trailer. I was way to scared to even attempt to load my buddies shitty $500 bike let alone mine

Trailer? Hah. Was at Iron Pony today. Saw a trailer there that was $2,300!! For a 1-bike open A-shaped trailer. :wtf:

Trailer? Hah. Was at Iron Pony today. Saw a trailer there that was $2,300!! For a 1-bike open A-shaped trailer. :wtf:

youre doing it wrong...my trailer was $700. If I was going to get ramps to put the bike in the bed of my big as 2500HD, they run about $400 + shipping

youre doing it wrong...my trailer was $700. If I was going to get ramps to put the bike in the bed of my big as 2500HD, they run about $400 + shipping

I'm not doing anything wrong... Just reporting that IP was selling a bike trailer for ludicrous money. If I wanted to trailer my bike I'd do a U-Haul trailer for a one-off or buy a 4'x7' mesh floor trailer from Tractor Supply for $550.