Beaver Run - Moto Series - 6/25 & 6/26

APCh8r

hopefully you guys got the same weather I had at Put-In-Bay. Clear, but not blistering hot.

I spent more on strippers and booze than my trackday would have cost, and came home with a lot less dignity. See you jokers on July 16, I hope.

I'm still sticking with my previous prediction of a 4th place finish for you Craig. I'll be checking for results today. :D

I got 11th out of 20 in the sprint and 4th in the mini. Jinu got me in the sprint but I managed to get him in the mini. 2 of the 3 that beat me in the mini were experts.

I got 11th out of 20 in the sprint and 4th in the mini. Jinu got me in the sprint but I managed to get him in the mini. 2 of the 3 that beat me in the mini were experts.

Well, it's good to hear Jinu didn't throw it away in turn one again. I still can't understand how he did that.

I'll have to see how Nick did also with his mad fast off green tape job. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

hopefully you guys got the same weather I had at Put-In-Bay. Clear, but not blistering hot.

I spent more on strippers and booze than my trackday would have cost, and came home with a lot less dignity. See you jokers on July 16, I hope.

Saturday was overcast all day, Sunday was amazing.

that was a fun weekend as usual at beaver.

after the 2nd mock start, it went directly into open practice session and i ran for a while. nearing the end of the practice session, i tucked the front into T1, and long story short, i gave it too much steering input mid corner. the steering got strangely light and i was on the ground. the bike, again, suffered mysterious no damage. some people that were pitted with me didn't know i had gone down. really weird.

anyway, that kinda put a damper on the race weekend, but i did ok in the sprint (mid 1:06's got me 9th amongst 20 novices) and meh in the mini (low 1:07's got me 5th). Compared to last year, it was a disappointment but the low side from sat and some other issues on my mind apparently were not helping. that's ok, i was starting to get a big head from my recent progress and i intend on getting the issues out of my mind before the next round (august). couple that with some practice to get me comfortable with making closer but clean passing, i hope i can make some more meaningful progress. then i'll switch to race tires.

regardless of some issues i was having, all in all, i always seem to have too much fun at beaver... and it was really awesome seeing you all out there. i hope to see some more of you out there in grattan and nelson after that.

• Upvote 1

Another great weekend, and my second race ever. Did the mini 20 again, but have no idea how I did or where I finished. I rented a transponder, but they were short and I was supposed to get it after the sprints/before the mini and I completely forgot about it. So, for the records I didn't get scored or anything. I know quite a few people passed me, but I also passed some others. I figure I finished somewhere towards the back of the middle, lol.

I did run low 1:10's (better than my best of 1:14's my only other time at beaver) a few laps in practice Saturday when I borrowed Jinu's lap timer, and felt like maybe I had some better lap times in the race but I guess I'll never know?