Beaver Run - Moto Series - 6/25 & 6/26

APCh8r

i'll be leeching off of trmn8tr in his F150 with a enclosed trailer. i don't remember details like color.

just look for a obnoxious blue (and bits of yellow) 600rr with the number "99" haphazardly placed around the bike. Brandon has a pretty white daytona 675 with actual neato stickers and stuff, and his number is "11".

This is shaping up to be a good outing! We should have about 8-10 riders, so you better mark off a bunch of spots! LOL! Steve and I should be there around 7am on Sat.

And Jinu....don't forget my box of zipties!!

Question...might anyone have a spare back protector that is going? Kev has extolled the virtues of them, and while I do have a CE back pad in my welder's suit, I'd like to try one. Plus, I am a little barrel chested, and I am told it has some girdle-like slimming features.

I'm still bringing my gear, but will be severely limited in mobility since I'm doing the crash truck. Primarily doing some marketing shots for Todd. But once the track festivities end, I'm willing to do group shots and individual non-track riding shots.

Shefftucky Lake R1? I'm off of Moore just south of Electric. We'll have to hit QSL this season. Tonight's out since I have to go pick up the camper and get my stuff ready to go.

Question...might anyone have a spare back protector that is going? Kev has extolled the virtues of them, and while I do have a CE back pad in my welder's suit, I'd like to try one. Plus, I am a little barrel chested, and I am told it has some girdle-like slimming features.

If this had been posted yesterday you could have worn mine... I would have just given it to Steve w/ my wiring jig :(

Is TwiztedRabbit riding? He and Theresa still have one of my back protectors from last year at Putnam with STT!

If this had been posted yesterday you could have worn mine... I would have just given it to Steve w/ my wiring jig :(

Is TwiztedRabbit riding? He and Theresa still have one of my back protectors from last year at Putnam with STT!

Yeah, I thought about that about 30 seconds after you left. Though you are bit more svelt and in shape compared to myself. Maybe Motoseries has rentals or something at the track. Regardless, its my own fault for not being prepared. :(

Yeah, I thought about that about 30 seconds after you left. Though you are bit more svelt and in shape compared to myself. Maybe Motoseries has rentals or something at the track. Regardless, its my own fault for not being prepared. :(

as long as your current protector is CE rated (which you said it is), it's fine and it'll meet requirements for open group. but yeah, if you want more "peace of mind", then a dedicated back protector is hard to beat. a chest protector is very good too... i don't have one of those yet cause i'm a cheap bastard but i plan on getting one shortly.

i bet mine would fit. it's this model in Large, I believe. Not really a fully-on race oriented model, actually...

knox_stowaway_350p.jpg

Holy shit! Is that a back protector or a catcher's chest pad? Looks uber protective, though. I likes.

Well, new pads got installed last night. Some CL59's since getting RJL's was not an option. I'm not expecting them to be as good as the RJL's I had on the gixxer but we'll see. Since I'll be towing Steve around for a couple laps it'll help me bed them in a little.

Will be packing up today and heading to Steve's place to get his pile loaded up for the drive tomorrow morning.

Well, new pads got installed last night. Some CL59's since getting RJL's was not an option. I'm not expecting them to be as good as the RJL's I had on the gixxer but we'll see. Since I'll be towing Steve around for a couple laps it'll help me bed them in a little.

Will be packing up today and heading to Steve's place to get his pile loaded up for the drive tomorrow morning.

I love my carbone lorraine pads, best feel out of any of the ones I have used.

My problem will be getting them hot enough to work at their best. I'm a slow fat turd out there unlike the rest of you goons.

are the "race" brake pads like THAT much better than something like the CL SBK5 or whatever street/track pads?

are the "race" brake pads like THAT much better than something like the CL SBK5 or whatever street/track pads?

I can't say if the XBK5s are better or worse. These were recommended to me as a substitute since Vesrah doesn't make an RJL for my ZX.