tire life Bummer

Busarider

I only got 4000 miles with no burnouts and the metals already coming through the middle of my tire.man it sux.O well the dealership told me the stock tires suck real bad and told me to go with michelin sumpn or other so its gonna cost me a like 250 for labor and all I guess it seems like a good deal they said the original price for the tire was 280 but knocked it down to 170$

If you got 4000 miles out of the stock tires you did good. If you want to get high mileage you will need to look at some of the sport touring tires like these ones http://www.compacc.com/Tires-Sport-Touring personally I would order some tires front and rear you can buy a set for close to what they are charging you for the rear and then hook up with Hoblick on here he will mount them for you and not rip you off. As far as what tires to get that's all a matter of preference I'm running the Pirelli Angel ST and have about 7,000 miles on them so far and several miles to go the pirelli diablo strada is another real high mileage tire I got a tad over 9,000 miles out of a set. I can not comment on the Michelins have not used them.

Yeah, the new dual and triple compound tires are lasting longer.

Some are multi compound on the rear only, some are both front and rear.

Rear only types have a matching single compound front.

Sport, touring and racing types. The ones that I can think of:

Bridgestone BT-016

Bridgestone BT-021 (rear only)

Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 (bias ply rear)

Bridgestone Battlax BT-002 Racing Street Tire (F&R)

Dunlop RoadSmart (rear only)

Dunlop Sportmax GP (rear only)

Metzeler Sportec M3

Michelin Power One

Michelin Power Pure

Michelin Power Race 2CT (F&R)

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT (F&R)

Michelin Pilot Road 2

Michelin Pilot Road 3

Pirelli Diablo Corsa III (rear only)

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=130324.0

http://www.rattlebars.com/tirewear/index.html

Some of the newest single compound tires, are now using a dual curing process, resulting in similar results to the dual compound tires.

An example would be the Continental Conti Race Attack.

Pirelli Angel ST E.M.S. record holding motorcycle tire for mileage.

Grip is great, too. holds the XX in the corners as hard as I'm willing to throw her, and just about doubles what you got with your last tire on my bike. (between 7 and 9 k for a rear, double that for a front)

People that have purchased the Michelin Pilot Road 3's seem to be pleased with their all around performance so far, I have the 2's with about 6K miles on them on the Z, I have no complaints.

On Pilot Powers I use to get 2500 or so out of a rear. I use RoadSmarts now and they LAST real well.

I 2nd this motion - I'm learing fast that these bigger bikes need the dual compounds moreso than smaller bikes if you want to get more than a season out of them......they still get good power down and havent really noticed mine stepping out on me more than usual since swapping from single compound tires

I decided to go with the pilots gotem for 160.So far I lovem.I didnt thnk I would notice a difference but maybe its me but it seems more responsive.I can weave in and outa traffic quicker.But I also changed my suspension and got a oil change tightened and lubed chain.So who knows btw all that but it does seem like a more responsive bike now.Not that it was bad by any means before.

Stop paying a dealership or full-service shop to do tire and oil changes, and you'll save enough to cover the cost of a new rear tire every couple years.

mount/balance shouldn't cost more than $20 if you bring them the rim, and if you buy the tire from the shop, mounting ought to be free.

You being a drag racer I'm surprised you don't use them. The new Hookup and 003 ultra soft dominate the 1/4 I've been learning from another site.

The next rear I put on the Hayabusa will probably be, but I'm still running on the rubber that was one it when I bought it from the dealership -- they put on fresh right before I bought it.

Being street rubber, I don't really do a huge burnout or anything, I goose it for 1-2 seconds to spin it and put just a little heat in it, barely get some mist of smoke from it, so the current set has lasted pretty long. It's sad I don't even recall what they are, but I'm thinking Bridgestones.

Edited by JRMMiii

I find it semi laughable that improved handling is even seen as a "pro" by a hayabusa rider. Clearly it wasn't a huge priority when they bought the bike.

The best way to make a 'busa handle better is to lose 350cc and call it a GSX-R 1000 :bitchfight: