Loading Yamaha into The Back of A Truck, Fail!

Kent2406

I can spot many things wrong with that.

1. Ramp is to short and bike would have bottomed out on the tail gate.

2. As mentioned, who was gonna catch the bike in the bed. Guys too short to stay on the ground and hold bike in the bed.

3. Friends are idiots and just stand there.

4. Is it just me or is the bed of that truck a little small for the bike to even fit in at an angle. It's like a 3 ft bed!

Future zoom splat professional in the making.

I can spot many things wrong with that.

1. Ramp is to short and bike would have bottomed out on the tail gate.

2. As mentioned, who was gonna catch the bike in the bed. Guys too short to stay on the ground and hold bike in the bed.

3. Friends are idiots and just stand there.

4. Is it just me or is the bed of that truck a little small for the bike to even fit in at an angle. It's like a 3 ft bed!

Future zoom splat professional in the making.

After watching again, you are correct, don't think it would fit anyway :nono:

i always set up two ramps so i could run up one while pushing the bike up the other and have someone in the bed to help catch it on its way up

i actually prefer the fold out kind that is one big ramp - but my truck sits too tall for that kind since i have only seen them in 5 1/2ft

last time i loaded a bike into a truck we just set up two ramps and walked it up into the bed with the clutch....walk up one ramp, and drive bike up the other with a little bit of clutch control....a lot less effort

last time i loaded a bike into a truck we just set up two ramps and walked it up into the bed with the clutch....walk up one ramp, and drive bike up the other with a little bit of clutch control....a lot less effort

^THIS^ not really that hard.. just make sure your ramps are secure..

2 ramps. Walk up one, push

Bike up other. I actually tried it by myself before i went to Mid Ohio

last week, to make sure i could do solo if needed. Actually wasn't that bad. Left hand on bars, right hand on left rear foot peg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 ramps. Walk up one, push

Bike up other. I actually tried it by myself before i went to Mid Ohio

last week, to make sure i could do solo if needed. Actually wasn't that bad. Left hand on bars, right hand on left rear foot peg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this sounds like a horrible idea.....grabbing onto the left side of the bike only? so basically, if it even thinks of tipping right, its going over? i would not load a bike like that.....to each their own, but maybe you should investigate other methods also... both hands on handle bars is the only way ide load one...whether im clutching it into the bed or physically pushing it

this sounds like a horrible idea.....grabbing onto the left side of the bike only? so basically, if it even thinks of tipping right, its going over? i would not load a bike like that.....to each their own, but maybe you should investigate other methods also... both hands on handle bars is the only way ide load one...whether im clutching it into the bed or physically pushing it

I guess I HAD to have had one hand on the right bar, because I was definitely using the front brake. So maybe my left hand on left peg? I dunno, whatever i did seemed to work. Had my son standing by just in case, bit wanted to make sure i could do solo if needed.

• 2 weeks later...