How would you handle a young thief?

Scruit

My $0.02....

My step-daughter(Steph) was raised right along side my biological son(Bryan).

Both had the exact same rules/chores/punishments/rewards that were age-appropriate(driving privs at 16 for example).

Bryan took after my ex-wife, and would lie cheat and steal you blind.

Steph took after my wife, and would kick your ass if you said she lied, cheated or stole from you.

Two kids + same rules <> same results. (The first person who applies PEMDA to this gets their ass kicked)

Find someone with gonorrhea and have them rub their balls/vag all over a hat very similar to the one the kid was stealing. Have your son wear gloves to camp to give the kid the hat. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

Find someone with gonorrhea and have them rub their balls/vag all over a hat very similar to the one the kid was stealing. Have your son wear gloves to camp to give the kid the hat. Problem solved.

:lol:

My $0.02....

My step-daughter(Steph) was raised right along side my biological son(Bryan).

Both had the exact same rules/chores/punishments/rewards that were age-appropriate(driving privs at 16 for example).

Bryan took after my ex-wife, and would lie cheat and steal you blind.

Steph took after my wife, and would kick your ass if you said she lied, cheated or stole from you.

Two kids + same rules <> same results. (The first person who applies PEMDA to this gets their ass kicked)

your son didnt get the belt enough ;)

Unless I sit around and wait for his parents to pick him up (a 2.5 hour window) I have no way of contacting them. I'll talk to the camp counsellor again tonight and see if anythign was actually done. If not, then I'll go to the person in charge of the camp.

Yeah, this is definitely your best option. You can't control the rights and wrongs being taught to the other kids by their parents but you can do everything within your means to insure the wrongs are not affecting your own children. I know from my own experiences with dealing with problems with my children at the daycare center, you always have to do follow ups because the workers don't want to do more than they have to and just want to act concerned for the moment, until you leave, then just blow you off and hope you forget about it. Go over their heads if need be.

^this. If it weren't for this, I would say talk directly to the kid's parents. Mine would have spanked me...

I would have gotten a wire hanger to the backside. I don't know why but one of the things I distinctly remember as a kid was me being the biggest lil shit in the word and my dad grabbing a hanger and whipping my ass with it. I'm damn sure to this day I'm still scrurred of authority because of it which has kept my ass in line and outta trouble