Dual sport tires... XR650L

Beegreenstrings

Well it has been a week since the blow out and I have been searching for the replacement... Been looking for a set though, figured I would go ahead and do the front tire as well while I am at it. I noticed it is looking a little thin.

Anyone got any info or any deals they might know about. I have a hook up at Iron Pony, I believe it is still good. I have not heard back from them in a while.

I know the front is the 90/90-21 and the rear should be the 120/80-18. But I know when I got the bike on trade it had the 130/70-18 on it. The guy had switched the tires to street tread to make it handle a little better as a everyday commuter.

Any hook-ups?

What kind of riding you doing? Looking for a 50/50 tire? 80/20? 90/10?

Chapparal has really good prices and the shipping is free if you break $149 on the order.

I ran the IRC GP110 on my XRL, gave really good street & gravel performance and light trails were good on them, terrible in the mud tho. They're not expensive, either. For more offroad, I liked the Trakmaster II's.

Might as well be 90/10's Truthfully. The bike ahs not been off road since I got it and the tires that were on it were street tires when I got it. They do fine commuting back and forth to work. Honestly though I am looking at something just to get by. Fiance is going to learn on it and then she will most likely go down the road. Find something that is a little bigger and gets better milage.

What do you guys know about the Shinko 705's?

Have one on the back of the V-strom right now. Good on the road and dry stuff but just like the Tourance it spins easy in anything slick. Also slips easy on chicken strips in the rain. :eek:

You talkin about tar snakes? :confused:

Chicken strips are the edges of the tire that you haven't used because you're too 'chicken' to lean it over that far.

Oh, see I'm so out of touch with the terms you young kids use. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Follow-up post

Well they are mounted. Maybe just in time to part with it.

The front is OK. Does not look right? I thought the tread would go the direction of the tire turning and it says it mounts against the grain?

The back??? It is way too small. A 120 is all that was listed for a 18" rim. So I did not have much choice. But a tread pattern like this and I could have fit a 140. I took a 130 street tread off.

All and All they are nice. Both new, what more could you really want.

• 1 month later...