7/2/2011 HolidayWeekend Bukkake Blowout Ride

InyaAzz

I wish I could tag along at least for part of the trip I'm not sure I can handle 500 miles yet, but I have a prior obligation. If you guys to go sat due to weather maybe I can tag along. Longest I've done so far is about 80 miles. Not sure my sportster could keep up anyway.

Edited by crb

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're talking about physical girth, I don't know anyone on the 164 ride we did that that would consider themselves one of the 'big boys'. There are guys that think they're fast, fast guys, then there are faster guys -- and typically, at least in my experience on here, the amount of time people spend bragging about how fast they are is indirectly proportional to their actual ability to ride fast.

Uncle Punk, for instance, is a fast guy, but you won't hear it out of his mouth, only those that've ridden with him.

The bottom line, for this ride, the 164 ride, and any other ride is RIDE your own RIDE, do it responsibly, and under control. There's nothing worse than riding with someone that dangerously and irresponsibly attempts to 'one up' a guy they think they're faster than, and ends up wrecking their bike, or multiple bikes, and ruins the rest of the day/ride for everyone else that was riding within their limits.

/end rant

I know it's been said before, by many others on here, in many different ways, but I kinda feel after our little 164 incident, that it bears repeating for some of the newer members just getting involved in ORDN group rides. If you thought that was a fast pace, be prepared to not let your ego get in the way on this one. You will be humbled.

I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging:eek:. not til I win a medal or trophy or something anyways:D . I'm just now getting used to riding a lil harder on my machine. definately still learning. my bike is too expensive to have to fix. so you better believe I try to be safe:tools:.

gonna get my rest and see you all tommorow!

Edited by MIKE53ALI

It would be very difficult to 'delay' this ride...at least for the NEO'ers. It's a 10 hr day and I don't want to ride at night. I guess if we cut the route short to compensate that would work....but the problem, the rain is following us down south, exactly where we need to go. And even if we delay, we have to deal with wet roads, especially where you have trees overhanging the road surface.

I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging:eek:. not til I win a medal or trophy or something anyways:D . I'm just now getting used to riding a lil harder on my machine. definately still learning. my bike is too expensive to have to fix. so you better believe I try to be safe:tools:.

gonna get my rest and see you all tommorow!

I didnt say you were bragging, just that none of the people you rode with would consider themselves 'big dogs' ;)

Good call on nixing the ride for today Inya. Sucks, but I have a feeling it was the right call. I'm 90% sure that I'm out for tomorrow though due to prior plans. :(

I'm here now. Yeah..i'm thinking of trying something for later. Between 10 and noon start time maybe. Gonna go home and watch the weather. It'll be a much dryer ride in coshocton county. I'll stay here until 8..then head home. We won't be head to SE OHIO today guys.....sorry. But...if the roads get dry in Coshocton we can ride there. I'll need the coshocton guys to chime in on the road conditions in a few hours.

Yeah I noticed the same thing on the way home...sun is coming out HERE...but I'm sure OE Ohio will be different.

I'll need someone from the Coshocton crew to plan a route/lead down there since you'll have first hand knowledge of the roads and conditions. I have limited knowledge of all the fun stuff there.

I'm going to eyeball a noon restart...with a much shorter route. As far as the Akron/Canton crew goes..this may or may not be worth your time??

As far as the Akron/Canton crew goes..this may or may not be worth your time??

Feel like I'm getting "unfriended" ;-) j/k

It's still raining here in north canton. I think I'm out for the day. Kids want to go to a movie now so I guess I'll do my fatherly duties. Still a win-win for me.

Have fun and careful of the slippery conditions.

If you guys reschedule for the 4th, I may be able to sneak out.

Edited by mojocho