Warranty question...

20thGix

I purchased a used xd from armslist and he gave me all the paperwork that came with it. The mail in warranty card is still in the box not filled out. Now can i fill out the info, mail it in and be covered as if i was the "initial retail purchaser"?

Yes as far as I know. I haven't had any issues my xds personally. I wouldn't fill out the card until you need to send it in personally then if you sell if you can give the card to the next guy.

do you know how old the gun is? If you call SA with your serial number they can tell you exactly when it was manufactured and what, if any, warranty is left.

Every interaction I've had with SA has been really good, I asked for free stuff to give away here, they sent a bunch :)

do you know how old the gun is? If you call SA with your serial number they can tell you exactly when it was manufactured and what, if any, warranty is left.

Every interaction I've had with SA has been really good, I asked for free stuff to give away here, they sent a bunch :)

The envelope that has the casing from SA is stamped 30-11-2009. It was originally purchased late last year. He showed me receipt but he wanted to keep it.

Warranty left? Springfield's offer lifetime warranty to the original owner.

The warranty is Limited Lifetime. The exclusion is if your model is equipped with Tritium night sights which are not warranted by Springfield. Trijicon will warranty them for 12yrs from date of manufacture.