...and more good news for the buckeyes

Beegreenstrings

i dont really understand why espn has the need to keep on digging and prodding. why aren't they investigating the other universities that have suspicious activity.

because most of the country hates OSU because they have been very good for a long time now. So this is just catering to that audience. Plus ESPN sucks in general when it comes to anything other than major market teams

This is hilarious to me...

When OSU is riding high or beating Michigan, everyone is all in for OSU. Everyone is posting their "Fuck MICHIGAN, GO BUCKS" rants. But when it comes out that OSU athletes and coaches have been breaking rules, and it looks like the football program is in for some hard times, all of a sudden OSU football isn't that important to them, or they don't care anymore.

These will be the very SAME people that will jump BACK on the bandwagon when OSU starts winning again.

You're either a fan, or you're not. Don't jump ship and act like you weren't really paying attention to them when you think shit is about to go downhill. Stay afloat or go down in flames, but stay on the fucking boat.

This shit is pathetic if you ask me.

Ok, I'm done with my rant.

This is hilarious to me...

When OSU is riding high or beating Michigan, everyone is all in for OSU. Everyone is posting their "Fuck MICHIGAN, GO BUCKS" rants. But when it comes out that OSU athletes and coaches have been breaking rules, and it looks like the football program is in for some hard times, all of a sudden OSU football isn't that important to them, or they don't care anymore.

These will be the very SAME people that will jump BACK on the bandwagon when OSU starts winning again.

You're either a fan, or you're not. Don't jump ship and act like you weren't really paying attention to them when you think shit is about to go downhill. Stay afloat or go down in flames, but stay on the fucking boat.

This shit is pathetic if you ask me.

Ok, I'm done with my rant.

my fall saturdays will still revolve around OSU games as they have for the last 9 years :D

my fall saturdays will still revolve around OSU games as they have for the last 9 years :D

The majority of the 'fans' will be doing the same. It's the ones that come out and say 'I'm sick of hearing about it' or 'OSU football doesn't matter to me' or 'There are more important things in life' .....etc...etc... when they were jumping on the bandwagon for the last 9 years that piss me off and reek of fair weather-ism.

You should support your team through thick and thin if you're a 'fan'. If sports don't mean shit to you, then so be it. But don't rah rah rah when OSU is winning and then play the 'sports aint shit' card when OSU is down.

The majority of the 'fans' will be doing the same. It's the ones that come out and say 'I'm sick of hearing about it' or 'OSU football doesn't matter to me' or 'There are more important things in life' .....etc...etc... when they were jumping on the bandwagon for the last 9 years that piss me off and reek of fair weather-ism.

You should support your team through thick and thin if you're a 'fan'. If sports don't mean shit to you, then so be it. But don't rah rah rah when OSU is winning and then play the 'sports aint shit' card when OSU is down.

oh i definitely agree. I write them off as fairweather anyway. I obviously don't have high expectations for them this year but I still think they should do alright. I'm sick of hearing about all the bullshit too but eh whatever at this point. Bring it on I say

OSU will be fine. Last time I checked, they still have an assload of scholorship athletes on the field. Their recruiting will take a hit...but they'll survive and rebuild in 2-3 years.

Don't be mad at the media or people posting news about this scandal...be mad at the school, the coach and the athletes that allowed it to happen.

First of all, media oversaturation is never a good thing, both positive or negative.

Second, I think the backlash that you're seeing is primarily due to the fact that even though we're talking about a sports team, their fuckup wasn't sports related. Take Texas a few years back, busted their ass and took the team all the way to the national champ. game, then their star QB breaks something and can't play. Freshman comes in, gets rolled over on, Texas loses. (most) everyone understands, moves on.

Proven snotty QB decides he's above the law, starts doing dumb shit. Coach also believes he's above reproach, starts covering up dumb shit. None of these things have anything to do with their on-field performance, and everything to do with the shitty, self-inflicted choices they made that now affect their team, which could have easily been avoided.

First of all, media oversaturation is never a good thing, both positive or negative.

Second, I think the backlash that you're seeing is primarily due to the fact that even though we're talking about a sports team, their fuckup wasn't sports related. Take Texas a few years back, busted their ass and took the team all the way to the national champ. game, then their star QB breaks something and can't play. Freshman comes in, gets rolled over on, Texas loses. (most) everyone understands, moves on.

Proven snotty QB decides he's above the law, starts doing dumb shit. Coach also believes he's above reproach, starts covering up dumb shit. None of these things have anything to do with their on-field performance, and everything to do with the shitty, self-inflicted choices they made that now affect their team, which could have easily been avoided.

They signed contracts with the NCAA, and broke those contracts. I'd call that sports related. Yes, it didn't happen on the field, but they broke the rules and then tried to cover it up. And you can't pin this all on TP. This has been going on before he ever came to the school.

ESPN or any other organization trying to get more information on this story is not what I call over saturation. Yes, it does occur in some cases..but if organizations are left unchecked, they tend to want to cover things up. If there is more to the story and OSU is hiding something, the public deserves to know. Does anyone think this is all 'new' to OSU and they had no idea what was going on? I highly doubt it. Especially since Tressel was allowed to 'resign' and he doesn't have to pay the fine anymore. Guess what? He'll show up at the hearing in August and say it was him...the school had no knowledge of it. Mark my words. Why else would the school give him this gift?

OSU will be fine. Last time I checked, they still have an assload of scholorship athletes on the field.

It's a long shot, but as long as they beat Michigan. I dont think I would live the ribbing down I gave a guy at the shoot this past weekend, if they dont win.

:cry:

It's a long shot, but as long as they beat Michigan. I dont think I would live the ribbing down I gave a guy at the shoot this past weekend, if they dont win.

:cry:

Michigan is still a work in progress this season. DRob has to learn to drop back and pass from the pro set..but his backup is one of the most accurate passers ..short and long...I've ever seen. The secondary is still a ??? and they don't have a consistant running threat. Having said that, they are stacked for the 2012 season and beyond. Emphasis on stacked.

I withya on a true fan sticking with your team regardless. Moving to Buckeye land a few years back I could see a strong fan backing for the team. There are extremists like everywhere, but OSU has a strong following. They team will survive. Fickle seems to be a good choice, and the addition of the new linebacker's coach is great for the team, and OSU will win its share next year with a good chance to beat the Wolverines again this year, although it may very well be more of a fight than in the RichRod/Carr years. Neither coach was worth a crap, but Hoke is quite successful and a big Wolverine football man. Makes me think of Fickle at OSU. Hoke is quickly making wholesale changes and while many of the players are from the RR era, look for them to be strong in '12 and quite possibly dangerous to play this year. I think both Fickle and Hoke emphasize old school strengths on defense Big 10 style but know how to blend it into the bigger faster athletes coming up. Great competition in the Big 10 only brings about better play from all the schools so come bowl time we can stomp some SEC azz.

But I'm afraid OSU is looking at some real sanctions, and loss of scholarships which could really handcuff Fickle.

I am a HUGE Wolverine fan but hate seeing OSU's team fooked by the attitude of a guy like Pryor who seemed to have Tressel over a barrel. Too Bad, Tress was a great coach between the lines.

Edited by ohiomike

I withya on a true fan sticking with your team regardless. Moving to Buckeye land a few years back I could see a strong fan backing for the team. There are extremists like everywhere, but OSU has a strong following. They team will survive. Fickle seems to be a good choice, and the addition of the new linebacker's coach is great for the team, and OSU will win its share next year with a good chance to beat the Wolverines again this year, although it may very well be more of a fight than in the RichRod/Carr years. Neither coach was worth a crap, but Hoke is quite successful and a big Wolverine football man. Makes me think of Fickle at OSU. Hoke is quickly making wholesale changes and while many of the players are from the RR era, look for them to be strong in '12 and quite possibly dangerous to play this year. I think both Fickle and Hoke emphasize old school strengths on defense Big 10 style but know how to blend it into the bigger faster athletes coming up. Great competition in the Big 10 only brings about better play from all the schools so come bowl time we can stomp some SEC azz.

But I'm afraid OSU is looking at some real sanctions, and loss of scholarships which could really handcuff Fickle.

I am a HUGE Wolverine fan but hate seeing OSU's team fooked by the attitude of a guy like Pryor who seemed to have Tressel over a barrel. Too Bad, Tress was a great coach between the lines.

THIS

Except Carr was a decent coach, but he was predictable and didn't adjust as well as he should've. Still, it was good to see his last game was a Bowl Game victory. UM was so desperate to beat OSU and run up some points that they abandoned their traditional solid D and sold their soul to get Rich Rod. They even fumbled the Les Miles ordeal (note to self: don't leak the fact that you have an agreement with a coach who hasn't even played their bowl game yet).

Anyways...I think Fickle will surprise people. And if he comes out the gate winning 8 games, you have to give him a serious look at a permament coaching gig.