Ohio Riders Chili Cookoff at Roadhouse 66 - 10/08

Casper

What's better in the fall than a chili cookoff? Nothing. Whether you want to share your amazing chili or just want to eat some, plan on coming out and joining us at Roadhouse 66 (www.roadhouse66.com) in Worthington. Besides the undoubtedly awesome chili, Roadhouse 66 will also have $2 bottles, $3 drafts, $3 UV Bombs, and $1 Natty Lights. Plus they might have something a little festive in time for fall.

Chili tasters: Festivities start at noon and go till 5p (or until the chili runs out). Come hungry.

Chili makers: Plan on being there and setup no later than noon. There will be three categories; tastiest, spiciest, and most unique. The winners will be decided by the tasters. Be sure to bring your chili in a crock-pot/slow cooker. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a power strip if you have one to help with outlets.

www.ohioriders.net

www.roadhouse66.com

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184150228312469

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If anyone going for hottest needs them, I have way too many homegrown habaneros this year, you can have them if you pick them up.

I may have to hit you up! Not necessarily for the chili cookoff, but because I love peppers!

OR is now becoming a "farmer's market" as well?

and some of this........

2m2810g.jpg

CaJohn's down in the north market will sell you Bhut Jolokia pods, or they have a new puree of the trinidad scorpion:devil: (current guiness record holder) for sale.

I tried to grow some bhut jolokia this year, but got them started too late and while the plants look great, I don't think they're gonna produce in time before the frost.

I grew a shitload of habs and ghosts last year. I took 2 small flakes from some of the ghosts we dehydrated, 2 small flakes mind you, and threw them in about 2 gallons of non spiced chili I had made last winter, and the heat level on that chili was ATOMIC I kid you not.

CaJohn's down in the north market will sell you Bhut Jolokia pods, or they have a new puree of the trinidad scorpion:devil: (current guiness record holder) for sale.

I tried to grow some bhut jolokia this year, but got them started too late and while the plants look great, I don't think they're gonna produce in time before the frost.

CaJohns is here in Westerville (near where I work) as well. I may have to make a stop by there during lunch sometime...

I grew a shitload of habs and ghosts last year. I took 2 small flakes from some of the ghosts we dehydrated, 2 small flakes mind you, and threw them in about 2 gallons of non spiced chili I had made last winter, and the heat level on that chili was ATOMIC I kid you not.

you don't happen to have any leftover ghosts do youuuuuuu:D:D

note: I'm going to pretend this multi-person threadjack is A-OK due to relevancy:cool:

Edited by fizzer

• 2 weeks later...

So, after the warmup round today, I may be changing my angle on the chili that I bring. I was thinking I wanted to go after Ben's "Hotter Than Too Hot" chili (which I have yet to taste) but with the comments I was getting from the chili I entered in a small town cookoff today, I may be sticking with my mild version for the OR cookoff.

There was one vote separating my chili from the winner, which was a very basic plain chili. There were many comments going around that my chili (not very spicy at all) was a bit too hot for some, along with a couple others, so the plain chili won. All the others were very good, so it was a close contest, but I think the hometown guy with the more plain chili was more appealing to the locals.

It was a fun time, and I look forward to winning the OR cookoff, where people will have more appreciation for my more complex, and slightly spicy chili!