Trialsin in Ohio

Loud and Low

I competed in my first trials event at Vintage days with a modern (03 Gas Gas) bike.

I learned to ride a motorcycle on a 1973 Suzuki RL250 trials bike.

There is a trials competition in Newark but I don't know the availability of the facility for practice.

There is a competition in Dayton August 6th & 7th.

I am friends with the family who set up the Toronto, Ohio and the Vintage days events.

Thanks for the replies. I did bicycle trials for a few years, anxious to see how that relates to the vintage bike I bought. Problem is I live in a city setting with no where to ride.

I will definitely do some events, but need to at least ride the bike a little. I have a friend with some property who said I can take it there, but it remains to be seen if he will allow me to make some trials type obstacles.

If your friend offered his property, I'd put some junk cars / trucks out there with a couple ramps or steps to start working your control........that way you've got "some" mobility there if he needs to move anything around.........might be a bit costly to do though, even with junkyard deals.

When I was a kid we used to play with an old flatbed trailer with the legs knocked off the end and the axle pushed forward, was like a 40ft teeter totter - but we were just screwing around with little dirtbikes, not a purpose built trials bike.......stuff is still fun though.

The event in Toronto in put on by the Ohio Valley BSA owners club, the have a event Aug 5,6,&7

August_Rally_2011.jpg

I wasn't aware that the BSA club had an event in August and forgot about them having one earlier. When setting up for the July 9th & 10th event we used some of the sections they used when we set up for the Trials Inc. event. I was referring to the Trials Inc. event at that facility along with the Trials Inc. event in Dayton soon. I have rode a trials bike five days now in the last 35 years and one of them was at the vintage day’s event on a borrowed bike. I’m just now thinking about getting into doing trials and certainly don’t know of all the events available. It sounds like there are enough events to participate in that finding land might not be needed.

I'll definitely do some events. Hopefully this year. I'll spend a little time on the bike then whip it out.

I just ordered a new rear tire , hopefully once I get that mounted I'll be ready. I bought the bike without riding it, and still haven't. Can't wait though. I've wanted to get into trials for 20 years and finally took the plunge.

There is a competition in Dayton August 6th & 7th.

Where? Darn it, I will be out of town but would love to know where this is being held. I found the Hill Climb but I am starting to hate riding the road and looking to do some dirt.

I love watching these trials guys but I have only ever seen demonstrations.