my new range toy :)

TwiztedRabbit

9 posts, and already dishing out and taking some shit (gracefully). You will do well here :D

Is that a Warhammer from the original "Mech Warrior" in your sig image?

#10! I'm no stranger to forums, as I spent plenty of time on a car boards back in the day... and I can postwhore with the best of 'em!

It's a Madcat/Timberwolf, but close enough... I needed a space filler and Battletech is a big part of my life.

Um... should I be vaguely embarrassed to admit that? Naw, it's a thread about weaponry :D

That's not a bad looking rifle, Good score. I had heard that they were butt ugly but to me the Ruger mock up is the ugly rifle.

I bought a new in the wrap CMMG conversion and three mags for less than $175 out the door at a gun show last year in Cambridge. So far me the neighbor kid, my youngest son and myself have had a blast with it but if you put any backward tension on the mag at all it will jam. I have an easy fix for the problem but just haven't done it yet.

ok a really quick range report

the mossberg tactial .22lr is definantly a fun little plinker

the good -

Iron sights better than expected. only took 15-25 rounds to sight in at 25 feet

anouther 25 to sight in the red dot in at 50

shots really smooth. its a 22 so no real kickback until you do 3 round bursts

with an 18 inch barrel it is slightly front heavy i will be picking up a vertical grip to help with stability when free standing

after sighting groupings were within an 1-2 inches at 50 feet all day

25 round clip is amust have. im glad it came with that and not the standard 10 round would have deff gone through to quick

it had 4 sided picatanny mounting system and a removable picatanny on the A2 mount.

so you can mount any number of accessories lights laser vert grib pods you name it...

can change the adjustable stock.

the bad(not really bad just annoying)

the receiver set up is plastic. fake charging handle the shot selector is actually the mag release, the saftey is where the mag release should be. it is only an AR wanna be(im ok with it.. i didnt get it to be an AR)

the mag release is very tricky. you have to press and hold it down and pull the mag out and its easier when its empty and locked back the pressure from the ejector on the mag holds it tight unless locked back

Cannot change to an A3 reciever that i have found yet

Cannot change the pistol grip to something a bit more ergo or rubbered

all in all its a great gun!

we threw 400+ rounds down range from 25 to 150 feet used 200 CCI high velocity 40grain rounds and 200+ remington standard 36grain hollow points. only had 1 FTF on the CCI i ejected the round and it went on firing perfect also i experienced 0 FTE

im my quick thought yes.. i would recommend it.. it is a $200 semi 22... and i havent broke it down for cleaning after firing yet... will do that today or tomorrow... so i dont know how easy or hard it is to do...

the good outweighs the not so bad.. and ive have a blast with it so far.

i did have a chance to fire the M&p 15-22. while i did like it.. and there is SO MUCH more available in aftermarket.. price point was an issue for me... when shopping for a 22 that is. i figured if i were to go with the m&p15-22 at around 5-600 why not just spend the 2-5 more and get a Real AR or build one lol so for what i have into the gun(ammo and the gun itself/ the bi-pod, scope and Reddot i had already) i couldnt complain

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...