Lets talk brake pads....

max power

this is what I was thinking when I read Ringo's claim that they were "the best."

The EBC's are a great value, and I'll probably stick with them.

I have noticed some fade at the track, but they've never let me down. Monday it was 95 degrees out, and people with much more expensive master cylinder and pad combos were complaining about brake fade more than I was, so I was pretty happy with mine.

Initial bite isn't too harsh for street use, and they come on STRONG when you realize, "shit; I should have been braking harder sooner..."

(I tested this theory coming into T1 at Summit multiple times. momentarily locked the front once. Going 150-50 is serious braking)

The thing is if a guy is talking brake fade on higher end systems, they could very easily be braking harder, running faster and turning quicker times and causing extreme stress to their systems. Also, it could be that the guy doesn't maintain the system like they should. All are variables and certainly not saying anyone is slower or faster, but that example is not the reason to stick with a certain pad...

The fact is that EBC is widely used because they are inexpensive. Doesn't make them the best and I definitely wouldn't take the word of one guy...

I for sure can agree with what KTM-Brian is saying, for those at his level. I'd trust what he says at the track.

I hated the oem pads on my VFR, they had more than half life left and i still replaced them with the HH ebc pads.

Depending on the bike too, some of the oem pads are organic, mostly cruisers and touring bikes, ebc usually offers a sintered pad for these which would preform much better than the stock.

SBS are my fav and last time i bought them they were about the same price as ebc hh. no break in procedure, no fade under track conditions (i know you dont ride track, but...) and are consistent throughout their life. of the two sets of ebc's i've tried i might as well have put blocks of wood in there after two track days......shitty.

OEM yamaha pads weren't worth a shit.

I went with ferodo sinter and never looked back.

they work without a doubt better than galfer sinter. I can't say about EBC. except most people complain they make too much brake noise.

if you can find some ferodo ST pads get them. you won't regret it. plus they've lasted me 2-3 times longer than the stock pads did. which only lasted about 12k miles. my bike has had the same set of ferodo pads on it since 12k miles and now has 40k.

http://www.braketech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=104

Edited by serpentracer