Why won't my bike start!?!?!?!?!?

Casper

Usually it's the kill switch after a cleaning...

Or trying to turn off my turn signal, only to realize I've been hitting the horn button. Or vise versa.

I always do this after switching between bikes with the horn/signal cancel buttons reversed...Followed by an awkward wave to a neighbor, pedestrian, or car I just pulled out behind. :o

I thought the only bike that had these issues were BMW's with the dam right and left turn switches on the right and left sides of the bar. :rolleyes: For those of you having this issue you might consider getting a kick start bike. ;)

I tried to ride away 5 times with my kickstand down before I figured out the problem... At first (and second, third, and fourth tries) I figured I just wasn't giving it enough gas :)

on mine, soon as you put it in gear it would die if the kickstand was down...didnt even have to try and move lol...i think two or three times i did that, clutch in, kick it into gear, dead

I disabled the clutch and kick stand safety on my KLR. Not because I kept forgetting but because the magic button better work if you stall on the side of a hill. Plus sometimes you want the kick down with the rear wheel spinning, especially if the rear is jammed with mud that needs slung off on a tight woods trail. :)

on mine, soon as you put it in gear it would die if the kickstand was down...didnt even have to try and move lol...i think two or three times i did that, clutch in, kick it into gear, dead

I'll forget te kickstand is down about twice a week.

Fuck that, the switch was broken on my Vulcan from day one... I fixed it one day... than immediately put it back to broken.

Yea, you'll have a wtf moment then realize te kickstands still down. On mine the spring if you don't kick it up all the way it won't start as well that's a curve ball as your like uh my kickstand is up then look and it's only half way up.

Fuck that, the switch was broken on my Vulcan from day one... I fixed it one day... than immediately put it back to broken.

yea and I had to have a laugh at one of your brethren last night in a parking lot. He starts pulling out of the spot with his kickstand down, apparently he couldn't hear me over his life saving pipes as when he went to turn it looked like he about shit himself when the kickstand opposed his left hand turn