My saturday route V. south east ohio

Hoblick

well me and the wife did a full day of riding yesterday, right around 400 miles.

we headed out from hilliard and took the boring way back (I70 E) to my parents house in flushing oh.

once there we ran 149 over into belmont and kept on it out till about centerville were we then jumped on rt 9 towards armstrong mills.

those roads are taken pretty well care of, with almost no patching, very smooth road surface, and little to no traffic.

once in armstrong mills we headed on 148 for a few till we arrived at rt7.

we were taking rt 7 towards marrietta, untill i saw a road i had been wanting to take for a while and figured today is as good as any.

so i hung a right onto 556.. this is a great road, has some patching here and there, but a great road to ride, with some elevation changes and some good sweepers, and some tight corners as well.

556 turns into 145 we followed this out till we arrive at the junction for 800..

taking 800 south which is a beautiful road, we run it down till we meet up with route 7 again.

7 will take us into marietta. we stopped to eat at the town house at 230 front st. this is a nice place to eat some wings or a good steak sandwich. there are plenty of good eateries down on front st, so you wont have a problem finding some good food.

so now with our bellies full it was time to hit the road again. after a look over the map i decided i wanted to jump on 676 w since i havent been on that road yet. im glad i did that road is amazing, i just wish the pavement was smooth through out the entire road, unfortunately it wasnt. some patching and some rough road on parts of it. good thing was no traffic!

we kept on 676 till we reached 555 north. im sure everyone knows that route! 555 was pretty clear of gravel and horse turds and made for some good riding with little traffic on it.

we remain on 555 till we hit 37 near new lexington. 37 is a pretty relaxing ride but youll need it after the more technical riding on 555.

37 eventually turns into 13 which we took until we reached 256.

we ran 256 into pickerington and stopped for a bite to eat at old bag of nails before we headed on back to our place.

i made a route on the harley ride planner so if anyone is interested in doing this route you can have directions and print them out. or if your just curious and want to see the route on a map etc.

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/share/429143

Good roads for sure.......you should've hit 26 and 260 while you were down there....they are the best in the state in my opinion. I rode up in Mohican area yesterday, 97 to 39/60 and then 62 home "also wonderful roads". This state has some incredible roads, just ask anybody that comes to my moto rally from Canada or out of state!:banana: