Ohio State Route 715

Whee03

Both of its termini are at Rt 36 with its western endpoint approximately 4.50 miles southeast of Danville and its eastern end on the eastern limits of Nellie.

Since I live in Reynoldsburg:

37 to Granville (Brew's Cafe - good food & brew)

661 to Mt Vernon

have some grub, just pick a place or head out of town to Lakefront Grll on 36 in Howard (near Apple Valley)

36 north/east out of Mt Vernon

go out past 62

Left onto 715 (Walhonding Rd)

Winding downhill cruise follows the Walhonding River to Mohawk Dam

At this point pick your route you are 15 miles west of Coshocton

715 stops at 36 in Nellie

79 just to the west is a nice ride to Newark

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few updates:

The Lakefront Grill at the entrance to Apple Valley has a new name and, I think, new management. Haven't been inside since the change.

715 is not bad, rode it today, no bad gravel but not the smoothest, either.

The curvy section of 36 between Howard and the west end of 715 just keeps getting rougher and bumpier. Takes the fun out of those curves.

• 2 weeks later...
Those are some great roads up around Apple Valley. Haven't been in a couple of years now. Got lost back in that complex of houses on the lake there. It was near midnight, dark as pitch......

We...err... Kawikid got yelled at for turning around in some guy's driveway up there a couple years ago! :lol:

The curvy section of 36 between Howard and the west end of 715 just keeps getting rougher and bumpier. Takes the fun out of those curves.

As littlecarbs noted above, 36 has fresh pavement. The Mount Vernon-Millwood stretch is now done. Happiness returns to that particular little set of curves.

:bikeday:

• 1 month later...

Back on bd. Update the update...Apple Valley new sign same owners. Retro sign or rather name on sign.

Other news...out and about today....cross country in jeep and found road off of Riley Church Rd off of SR715....any adventure bikes on this bd.? Stone Quarry Rd said the sign. Left onto Chestnut Ridge Rd from Riley Church and there it is...starts out as a narrow twp rd and gets narrow and soon rock crawling over exposed rocks from hvy rain and washes. In jeep and fully expected to hear thunk of rocker panel on rock as I dropped over....elevation shows a thousand foot...so that explains the real deep ravine. I also had a chance to observe the forest floor from my jeep by looking out my driver's window......jeep slipped from high side of road into the deep washout. Lotsa mud holes rocks and no worries on clean up....ya have to ford a stream as part of this quaint road. Adventure bike alert!

It is just off of SR715.....sorry for posting here...me widdle phone doesn' t show a new thread choice. Nice back road for them mcs a little higher in the middle.

Back on bd. Update the update...Apple Valley new sign same owners. Retro sign or rather name on sign.

Other news...out and about today....cross country in jeep and found road off of Riley Church Rd off of SR715....any adventure bikes on this bd.? Stone Quarry Rd said the sign. Left onto Chestnut Ridge Rd from Riley Church and there it is...starts out as a narrow twp rd and gets narrow and soon rock crawling over exposed rocks from hvy rain and washes. In jeep and fully expected to hear thunk of rocker panel on rock as I dropped over....elevation shows a thousand foot...so that explains the real deep ravine. I also had a chance to observe the forest floor from my jeep by looking out my driver's window......jeep slipped from high side of road into the deep washout. Lotsa mud holes rocks and no worries on clean up....ya have to ford a stream as part of this quaint road. Adventure bike alert!

It is just off of SR715.....sorry for posting here...me widdle phone doesn' t show a new thread choice. Nice back road for them mcs a little higher in the middle.

When we camp at walhonding we always make that a late night cruise.

Ha! Plus one on midnite rides. Took some jeepers out online a midnite runway....one guy complained about getting in and out to lock bugs....."Can't we stay off road?"....told them "we haven't been off road yet!"

So i guess the next bike will be an adventure bike.

Just talked with some Toledo folks last weekend ...they camp at Walhdg. Looking to see them next riding season. They also said not riding at 128...they just motor along. Bring yer Harley down we'll ride....HOWDJA know I had a Harley!?!?...smiled and said we'll see ya next summer.

There is another road... think its bats nest rd maybe.

Check google yes its bats nest. Its just before riley church. there is also a couple places on 366 is you zoom in about a 1/4 of the way off of 715 you can see the lines cut in the map running east and west. If you go to the east its the harder of the two and i advise not go down the back side of that hilll once you reach to top. going to the west is just a fun little loop

Ain't finding it on the lil' phone....did see walhdg. campground...i've always ended up on other side of river from it....my lil' map brought up a dune buggy pic of it doing a hillclimb...saying at walholdg. camp ground. Guess i'll have to go to Google now.

OR....once the trick or treating is done this afternoon...and i've scared all the kiddies....I can gather up their dropped candy bags and head on out! :-p

Saw this too late. Ran all of Riley CHAPEL Rd. Saw a blurb on the Google attempt and the addition of the canoe launch on Bat Nest. We were at the canoe spot, but no Bat Nest signage.

Found Rabbit Ridge Rd. and got a screaming wife with the Stone Quarry look see.....so calmed her with ice cream from Danville and then went and found Henpeck Rd...by Bladensburg.

Since it was getting dark headed back to the greater Killbuck Swamp.....finding a deer with the right front corner of jeep....for some reason, in spite of a loud whack/crash sound....and screaming wife again....no apparent damage to the ole jeep. They just don' t build them like that anymore do they?

Oh yeah 715 still has the loose gravel in the center section of lane in some areas and peeled back chip and seal in others.