To the Ducati in I270 today..

brigham70

1. It wasn't a jab at a bike or gear. It was a jab at the person's stuck up attitude. They couldn't even just wave! 2. I have gear, but I choose to not always wear it. I bought & paid for that freedom, so I will use it. 3. Since I am comfortable in my manhood, I have no problems riding a girl's bike! 4. I ride a Harley as well...SO WHAT??? 5. I have owned 3 Hondas, 2 Kawasaki's, 4 Yamaha's, and 1 Ducati...NOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY?? Out of all those bikes, the HD has cost less & has yet to break down after 114,000 miles in 6yrs! And finally, the only time I see sport bike riders acting with such snob attitude is in Columbus! I also see HD riders there doing the same...WHAT GIVES?? Out here in Licking County, we don't worry about such petty things. It's that a person rides, not what they ride or what they wear, but that they actually ride!

As for prooving anything...I prooved all I need to in the US Army!

So, next time, why not wave? Why not be adult enough to appreciate a fellow rider? If any one else has more slams, I am sure they will be posted once school is out.

For those who love to ride, really LOVE to ride...let me know! For those of you who think you can't ride with someone because its a HARLEY or not a sportbike....GROW UP!

In all honesty I waved (past tense) at everyone on the road, not scooters, and all the cruisers snubbed me. So IMO that put a bad taste in my mouth with the majority of that crowd.

And as for the no helmet deal, here's a few reasons:

1. Helmets killed 2 of my friends in the last 5 yrs.

2. My cousin was killed by his helmet.

3. While in Sturgis in 2007 (yes, lots of sportbikes now! it's great!!) Iwitnessed an accident. The ONLY person critically injurred & flown out was wearing full gear! He later died. The ppl NOT wearing protective gear were treated on the scene for minor cuts.

4. I don't care if YOU wear a helmet, so don't mind if I DON'T! I would prefer to die free. And since I am not afraid of death, I'm happy. I've experienced so much in life already, so if I die today, I will die happy.

In all honesty I waved (past tense) at everyone on the road, not scooters, and all the cruisers snubbed me. So IMO that put a bad taste in my mouth with the majority of that crowd.

Snobs are everywhere. And we aren't a crowd. I ride with sportbikes too.

And as for the no helmet deal, here's a few reasons:

1. Helmets killed 2 of my friends in the last 5 yrs.

2. My cousin was killed by his helmet.

3. While in Sturgis in 2007 (yes, lots of sportbikes now! it's great!!) Iwitnessed an accident. The ONLY person critically injurred & flown out was wearing full gear! He later died. The ppl NOT wearing protective gear were treated on the scene for minor cuts.

4. I don't care if YOU wear a helmet, so don't mind if I DON'T! I would prefer to die free. And since I am not afraid of death, I'm happy. I've experienced so much in life already, so if I die today, I will die happy.

wait wait wait....I want to know how a helmet was responsible for a death

Both of my buddies had their necks snapped from the helmet. They heads were just fine. But cause of death was determined to be from the helmet. My cousin's accident was different. Because he was wearing a helmet, his head became the main projectile. His head got slammed in the car that actually clipped him. EMS crew said that had he NOT been wearing a helmet he would have missed the car completly, the OSP agreed. As for the accident in Sturgis, I think it was over-confidence of having the gear? I dunno. I do know the man had broken bones, head injuries, pretty messed up. Bottom line though, when it is your time to die, you WILL die. Safety gear can't save you then.

From all te comments it looks like if your not fully geared out all the time your a horrible sport bike rider and not accepted here. :(

Ridign with varying levels of gear is your choice. What makes you someone a "horrible person" is openly criticising other riders for riding at a reasonable speed while being appropriately geared up. ;)

Both of my buddies had their necks snapped from the helmet. They heads were just fine. But cause of death was determined to be from the helmet. My cousin's accident was different. Because he was wearing a helmet, his head became the main projectile. His head got slammed in the car that actually clipped him. EMS crew said that had he NOT been wearing a helmet he would have missed the car completly, the OSP agreed. As for the accident in Sturgis, I think it was over-confidence of having the gear? I dunno. I do know the man had broken bones, head injuries, pretty messed up. Bottom line though, when it is your time to die, you WILL die. Safety gear can't save you then.

god i want to hate on this so bad but I can't because I'd be a hypocrite

I rarely wear a seat belt because both my dad and cousin were saved by not wearing one in their accidents. HOWEVER, I'm not too fucking retarded to thick headed to realize that seat belts save far more lives than not

Sorry man, any credibility that you had was lost right there. I respect your right to not wear a helmet for whatever reason you want. As I always say; "Anyone who rides without a helmet obviously has nothing up there worth protecting." You are my new poster child for this.

Casper, where do you find these people? :confused:

god i want to hate on this so bad but I can't because I'd be a hypocrite

I rarely wear a seat belt because both my dad and cousin were saved by not wearing one in their accidents. HOWEVER, I'm not too fucking retarded to thick headed to realize that seat belts save far more lives than not

Better skip the helmet too, otherwise it will snap your neck off when you shoulder-check for a lane-change.

Edited by Scruit

Why? Because they have a better warranty? High resale value? High level of quality? Did it ever occur to you that not everyone can ride a sportbike??

Well, I thought we were making sweeping generalities all in the name of "the brotherhood". My brotherhood is metric riders of all kinds. Oh, wait... I ride with some Harley guys too, and they're not retarded. Gee, maybe it would be a good idea not to judge the whole by one or two?

The argument of "my (insert Friend/relative) survived/died due to having/not having safety stuff" is pointless cause shit happens but I'd rather increase my chances of surviving cause I have people that count on me. You have the right to choose to wear it or not and I will fight and vote to defend that but if you truly care about your love ones you will wear all that "hot" gear so as not to put them through your death due to your urge to feel "free" or cause it was too hot for your pansy ass.

That is all

• Upvote 1