9/18 Ride to SEO

Tpoppa

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the plan, especially if the rumors of the green color coming next year are true.

12zx1000g329grndrf2cg.jpg

absolutely love those. I just need to ride one to be sure I'll love it as much as I think because when it comes time to replace the VFR, this is the #1 choice currently

Why not buy a cruiser Bad? And keep the vfr? And after seeing one of these in person I was not to impressed.

I'm intrigued by a cruiser, mainly Midnight Warriors and Street Glides. My problem is that I'm too cheap to purchase either as I don't feel like I would use a cruiser nearly as much as a sport/sport tourer. I can assure you even if at some point I do break down and get a cruiser (possibly in 2 years when I'm probably going to Sturgis), I'll always have a sport or sport tourer in the garage along side of it.

You should definitely come and bring the N1K.

I've been eyeing it for awhile now, and having one ride circles around me would probably push me over the edge :D

I doubt my N1K will be riding circles around anyone with me on it, please don't judge the bike by my lack of skills...:nono:

If I show, it will most likely be on the Ninja, the S3's back tire is showing some wear, it would probably make this ride, and maybe another, then that would probably be it for the tires, so the Ninja it will be.

Why not buy a cruiser Bad? And keep the vfr? And after seeing one of these in person I was not to impressed.

Easy now, I like mine...:D

Might be the green, but this is what I saw as the 2012 colors for the United States models.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2898/12zr1000d40aorgdrf00d.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4475/12zr1000d40ablkdrf00d.jpg

What do you think of this for the green.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1515/12zx1000g329grndrf2cgco.jpg

Please back on track, who else is going on this ride... I am still not seeing any slower riders so I am not riding alone in the back.

Edited by LINK

I'm intrigued by a cruiser, mainly Midnight Warriors and Street Glides. My problem is that I'm too cheap to purchase either as I don't feel like I would use a cruiser nearly as much as a sport/sport tourer. I can assure you even if at some point I do break down and get a cruiser (possibly in 2 years when I'm probably going to Sturgis), I'll always have a sport or sport tourer in the garage along side of it.

You don't need a cruiser to go to Sturgis plenty of sport bikes there every year.

Re: Cruiser

I just had a 2012 Fatboy as a loaner bike for 10 days. It was absolutely the least fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. See CORE board for detailed hatred.

I grew up riding cruisers. After owning more capable motorcycles, a Fatboy is big step backwards. The most fun cruiser I've ever had was a 3rd gen Magna (actually owned 2 of those), fun motor and respectable handling. YMMV.

The most fun cruiser I've ever had was a 3rd gen Magna (actually owned 2 of those), fun motor and respectable handling. YMMV.

I would agree with that. I had a '95 and really liked it. If it had better brakes and a little more room, I would have kept it forever. I would still like to pick one up, but that's just nostalgia talking.

The forecast is looking really good for Sunday.

I'll be there... a lil more cautioned and a lil more skilled...

This reminded me of something.

There will be some seasoned, quick riders on this ride. If anyone is working on trying to get smoother/quicker through the corners...ask questions at the meet spot or at gas stops. Experienced riders are generally willing to talk body position, or let you follow their line for a few miles. Lot's riding knowledge out there, that's how I learned...

I've got family in town this weekend...but most important is the start time and temp when I leave my house. It's not gonna be warm enough for me to ride that early in the AM and get to the meet spot. Don't ask. I can't control it.

Looks like my riding season is coming to an abrupt end.

awesome mararthon route, can i join around lodi? about what time will you pass through there? i never been on a ride this long, but feel like doing one, since at the end of most small 3 hour ride, it feels like wanting more.

you still gonna make this ride doc? I'll be coming from oh-21 and copley rd.

takin' 21 s to 585 to 83 s. to the speedway in the southern part of millersburg.

google says its an hour trek for me so I know its a lil bit of a haul for you, but it'll be worth it. bring the cam of course!

gotta be there at 9am which means I gotta leave by 8am at the latest......