Pulling the trigger on a new bike

Josh1234

He'll be fine on horsepower and powerband when it's pushing a hulking heavy bike like a vrod... it's the handling a huge heavy bike with long rake and wheelbase that would be the larger concern.

if Likwid can ride the pegs and radiator guards off the VROD (literally, hes ground both down so much :lol:) anyone can

YZF & ZZR 600's are surely the best picks of the litter you're looking at - both are comparable in power, handling, comfort, touring possibilities, etc. And definitely dont worry about buying a more powerful bike, gives you growing room and you'll learn to appreciate the additional power/flickability. I can understand being tentative about choosing your next purchase, but you cant go wrong with either of these bikes........personally, I would go straight to a 750 for a guy your size but a 600 will suffice for some years of learning and skill improvement. Congrats in advance on your soon-to-be new-to-you bike!!

so whats the deal... Am I meeting somewhere tomorrow to go look at a yzf? I still don't understand the hangup on mileage and noise factor of the one bike.. but to each his own.. 23k miles ain't shit.. and you've got cheap (practically free) options to quiet her down. the ZZR was a good plan B until you said salvage.. trying to flip a salvage title ain't that easy.. Anyways, hit me up if you need a second opinion on any of the cats (yzfs).

SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT.. your running out of days to ride bro..

so whats the deal... Am I meeting somewhere tomorrow to go look at a yzf? I still don't understand the hangup on mileage and noise factor of the one bike.. but to each his own.. 23k miles ain't shit.. and you've got cheap (practically free) options to quiet her down. the ZZR was a good plan B until you said salvage.. trying to flip a salvage title ain't that easy.. Anyways, hit me up if you need a second opinion on any of the cats (yzfs).

SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT.. your running out of days to ride bro..

Thank you for the offer, but there's no need... I bought a bike :) You'll have to show up tomorrow to the group ride to find out what :)

OOOrrrrrrr I'll probably be an attention whore and post a thread :)

2004 YZF600R :)

I'm gonna be taking tomorrow REALLY slowly until I learn the bike.

I feel like I'm learning to ride all over again, and aside from a few basics, I am.

Edit: And the hangup was noise, not mileage :p

well I won't be attending the ride as I have obligations.. I was able to squeak out a couple hours but not the entire day.. Congrats on the purchase though.. If you need any tech help with your cat you know how to reach me.

well I won't be attending the ride as I have obligations.. I was able to squeak out a couple hours but not the entire day.. Congrats on the purchase though.. If you need any tech help with your cat you know how to reach me.

I'm almost positive I'll be taking you up on the offer, and I'm sorry tomorrow won't work out for you. I'll be looking to excuses to ride, so next time you're free and want to see the bike, let me know :)

:ttiwwop:

on the way :) Got the GF to smile & pose :D

I guess ten twelve had an important role in pushing Josh over the ledge,

Ten twelve we riding tomorrow check the biggest thread in rides and events :) wish u still had the tuno

It's still at the dealership. You could buy it back for me. My b-day is in a few weeks. :D

I'm still holding out for pics of the girlfriend. :nomz(3):

We took a couple of fun pics the night I got the bike... I'll ask her tonight if I'm allowed to post one or two ;) If I had your cell I'd TXT it.

Here's me on the bike after getting it home' date=' looking pleased as punch!

[img']http://josh.josh.name/ordn/pics/004sized.jpg

The craigslist response re: the zzr600 in Ashtabula:

anna chrzanowski chrzano@hotmail.com to me

show details Sep 25 (1 day ago)

Josh,

Yes the bike still is available. If interested right now I will take $2500.00 out the door. VERY CLEAN BIKE, low miles never seen rain or snow, never been dropped or wrecked.

Clear title. I bought this bike brand new from Loudermilks Kawasaki Dealer on rt 45 in Ashtabula. If you are interested I am about an 1hr away from you. Contact me by email if you are interested. I can plan for evening hrs after 3:30pm. Let me know.......Thanks

We took a couple of fun pics the night I got the bike... I'll ask her tonight if I'm allowed to post one or two ;) If I had your cell I'd TXT it.

Here's me on the bike after getting it home, looking pleased as punch!

004sized.jpg

Great looking bike (Yamaha makes very few unattractive ones :D ). Dude, PM me any weekend to ride. :)