Who want's to go to Wayne in October

bowdog

Looking to set up a trip to go ride dirt in Wayne mid to end of October. All would be welcome from quads, dirt bikes, and side by sides. If it is up to me i would like to camp for the weekend have a fire, drink some cold beer, eat good food and tell lies to each other. If this sounds like something you would like to do please join in. Also i will be bringing my sammich maker so lets make this a group thing if we can. with that said that doesnt mean you have to bring your girl mine can make plenty of sammiches!! :D

People that are in:

Bowdog and (sammich maker)

2talltim

MaxPower

Ron 505 (maybe)

4DAIVI PAI2K5 (maybe)

Gump

SirPsycho and Son (maybe)

Edited by bowdog

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind alcohol is illegal in the Wayne NF and all vehicle require Fed ORV stickers.

My new Moto, "If it isn't fun anymore or costs too much, thank a politician." :(

its a plate now not a sticker i got mine tuesday:D and i could be wrong but i think they are state not fed :confused:...and alcohol is also illeagal in state parks but as long as your not causing problems and keep it covered up, all i well;), plus i think he is thinking camping in a private campground, brews after a day of riding not during

Used to sell the sticker for Wayne in Nelsonville, not sure exactly where. Only riding I've done in Wayne is renegade. :) I thinks it's stupid a plated vehicle can't use the trails since we've already been taxed to be street legal. :(

Was definitely thinking some brews at camp not while riding. If anyone has a good idea on where to camp or has some more info on how to get "plate" please post up. thanks.

your atv need to be plated through the BMV, like $36 for 3 years.....plus you have to buy a pass for wayne $12 for 1 day $24 for 3 days and $45 for season http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72DTUE8TAwjQL8h2VAQAMtzFUw!!/?ss=110914&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=fsm9_005973&navid=160000000000000&pnavid=null&position=Not%20Yet%20Determined.Html&ttype=detailfull&pname=Wayne%20National%20Forest-%20Passes%20&%20Permits ...here is a campground my freind at work recomended http://www.begleyscampground.com/index.html

Edited by 2talltim

I am in for the campground, if you look at their rules section there is no rules!! :D Also i used to go through New Straitsville to get to where i road and the town is 100% ATV friendly meaning you can ride them on all public roads in town.

What weekend are we talking about?

Whatever works best for everyone, i am pretty much open for any weekend other than halloween... Lets plan on the 15th 16th if that works for everyone. If people dont want to camp then we can all just meet on the 15th and ride for the day and head home. I am not picky just want to do some dirt riding.

I could do the 16th. I work a 16hr shift 3pm-7am on the 14th so there is no way I could stay awake on the 15th haha.

I am still planning on camping so both days will work, if some just want to come for one or the other then that works too. But if anyone else wants to camp lets still plan.

http://www.begleyscampground.com/index.html

If you guys dont like this one and have another one in mind post up and we can camp there. My goal would be to get down there around 9:30 or 10 (or earlier if preferred) and check in drop the trucks and ride, we could head back to camp mid day and cook some lunch or pack sammiches and eat on the trail?!?!? End of day maybe head back to camp have a fire, dinner, and some brews... Relax get up Sunday and ride again. I will probably want to head out by 5 at the latest on Sunday maybe a little earlier because i will still have to unload and all that before heading to work Monday.