Rider down on 23, bike vs deer

SWing'R

It infuriates me that the state won't open the season on deer. I know why, it's $$...licensing is a cash cow, but the blood of a lot of people are on the hands of the ODNR for keeping the deer numbers high needlessly. You can shoot groundhog year round, coyote, etc. Deer populations are in no danger of being impacted by deer being hunted heavier, and in fact a lot of good comes from that not only OUR safety but food from the kills, less crop damage, etc.

It infuriates me that the state won't open the season on deer. I know why, it's $$...licensing is a cash cow, but the blood of a lot of people are on the hands of the ODNR for keeping the deer numbers high needlessly. You can shoot groundhog year round, coyote, etc. Deer populations are in no danger of being impacted by deer being hunted heavier, and in fact a lot of good comes from that not only OUR safety but food from the kills, less crop damage, etc.

I absolutely agree! DNR only cares about license fees, not what their deer do in property damage and human life.

If I have a horse that gets out and causes a wreck, I am responsible. I think it's time that we start nailing DNR to the wall for the damage their %$^%$# deer do. They claim that the deer belong to the state. Well fess up and pay the damages your deer cause.

Heck, I hate to even drive the truck after dark in fall.

Ken

I am with you Craig........and there is no doubt that it all boils down to money. Have folks pay a bit more for a no holds barred slaughter permit, and let them loose on the herds. Too many are also only interested in the big boys with racks, but the does are the real problem. I refuse to ride at dawn or dusk from Sept to mid November in this state, you are risking your life with all the wood rats!:nono:

Took a sizable doe a couple weeks ago............with my cbr600rr.

Be careful out there I'm lucky to be alive.

Did you post about it? Glad to see you're ok.

What time of day? Were you awar of the deer before the hit (ie it was standing by the sde of the road then suddenly jumped out).

What part of your gear took the worst of it? Is there any additional gear you wish you'd been wearing?

Were you able to self-rescue or did others help?

I'm getting more and more nervous about deer as my morning commute gets darker and darker...

A lot of people ask me why I'm not riding when it's so nice out at night. This is the reason why. Deer are ALL OVER the place where I live. It sucks a big one not to ride when it's this nice out but I'm not going to risk it.
Same here.

Yeh, and lets hope the Ohio conservation department doesn't open the deer hunting seasons up any, like most other states have. Idiots they are. Can't figure the increased monies they will be getting, or the decrease in the number of deer out there.

I nailed one last night on the way home from work, luckily in the car...8th one I've hit in my 41 years. Fuck.

316114_302055096476034_100000146379559_1448952_1309903766_n.jpg

My only hit on the bike, believe it or not, was stopped at a crossroads and a deer ran into me sitting still and knocked me over. Still makes me laugh.

Did you post about it? Glad to see you're ok.

What time of day? Were you awar of the deer before the hit (ie it was standing by the sde of the road then suddenly jumped out).

What part of your gear took the worst of it? Is there any additional gear you wish you'd been wearing?

Were you able to self-rescue or did others help?

I'm getting more and more nervous about deer as my morning commute gets darker and darker...

Yes I posted about it Scruit, Look under The Daily Ride. And the only extra gear I wished I had been wearing was leathers for my legs. I had minor rash on my legs. My helmet was split and jacket worn the worst of the elbows, shoulders, and upper back.

im just waiting on some to walk up while were in the garage working on the trucks at my girls house....they play in her yard often, id like to see what the .40 will do to one with a nice JHP lol

If that opportunity presents itself, I would love to see some pictures, HA!

A lot of people ask me why I'm not riding when it's so nice out at night. This is the reason why. Deer are ALL OVER the place where I live. It sucks a big one not to ride when it's this nice out but I'm not going to risk it.

I agree, I hate to even drive the truck after dark this time of the year.

Yeh, and lets hope the Ohio conservation department doesn't open the deer hunting seasons up any, like most other states have. Idiots they are. Can't figure the increased monies they will be getting, or the decrease in the number of deer out there.

DNR wants to keep their fees high no matter how much property damage and human injury their deer cause. We need to make DNR start paying for the damage, then they would start to care.

im just waiting on some to walk up while were in the garage working on the trucks at my girls house....they play in her yard often, id like to see what the .40 will do to one with a nice JHP lol

You need a 5" barrel to be legal :D I've taken one with a .44 revolver.

I had a resident doe hanging out in my yard back in the spring, and there's a herd that stays somewhere in my neighborhood. I'm in the suburbs! The numbers need to be taken down, there's too damn many out there.

I totally agree! They are beautiful creatures, but they need to stay off the roads!

Ken

You need a 5" barrel to be legal :D I've taken one with a .44 revolver.

even in your yard? wouldnt they be considered a pest at that point? justified shooting - deers eat their garden

if it doesnt work like that - oh well...dont care all too much lol...it should work like that....if its on your property you should be allowed to do whatever to it