To slick to ride?

buildit

I think this is a good example of how you know the trail is just too slick to ride. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDyuwzsgiY

Later as we did some local gravel roads we entered a blind corner just as it started to rain again. Locked the rear three times coming into the corner and just before I stopped I picked a new line going thru a hole inbetween the trees. :eek: I came about four feet from going off road thru the ditch as the tires simply slid across the pavement but finally found traction in the gravel at the road side.

Edited by buildit
  • Upvote 1

sorry bud, but i cracked up the second time it fell over, it was just so random lol

i remember a similar situation...got in some deep nastyness like that, real thick shit....my yz250f slid out from under me and i kinda went with it sideways and it pinned my leg and my leg pretty much disappeared in the shit with the bike on top of it....no way in hell was i picking it up myself, i couldnt even move lol...ponyjr had to come pick it up off of me - he was laughing his ass off....glad i had MX pants on though instead of jeans - no burns

Hell, I was laughing about it. It was so greasy. Honestly the KTM has been thru much worse but when you knock the legs out from under it the bike becomes a 500lb paper weight. When I went to pick the bike up and it slipped sideways falling again I knew that I was in some really greasy shit. I cut out 17 min of Tim and I wrestling with the bike to get it into that left rut and then going forward sliding back, going forward sliding back... etc.

Finally got it worn down to where I got out and was sweating like a pig that escaped the slaughter house.

Conditions like that can really ruin a fun ride - Richland got that way for us - torrential rain all morning but we went for it anyway - the main access path is gravel but once you hop on the side trails that drop into the creek gorge, fun was over then......basically had to ride with our feet off the pegs and never left 2nd gear, especially where the quads had rutted it out......front end washed out on me a few times that day and finally gave in and went home with a seperated shoulder......it really tested me AND my patience!

Conditions like that can really ruin a fun ride - Richland got that way for us - torrential rain all morning but we went for it anyway - the main access path is gravel but once you hop on the side trails that drop into the creek gorge, fun was over then......basically had to ride with our feet off the pegs and never left 2nd gear, especially where the quads had rutted it out......front end washed out on me a few times that day and finally gave in and went home with a seperated shoulder......it really tested me AND my patience!

Wow, I've been to Richland twice now right after several days of rain and had no issues so I thought Pike would be similar. How long ago were you at Richland? My last trip down was two weeks ago on the KLR and it was fine for our group ride to go thru.

Interesting how conditions of trails can change so fast. Oh, the KLIM pants with the pads saved my legs and ass in those falls!

Wow, I've been to Richland twice now right after several days of rain and had no issues so I thought Pike would be similar. How long ago were you at Richland? My last trip down was two weeks ago on the KLR and it was fine for our group ride to go thru.

Interesting how conditions of trails can change so fast. Oh, the KLIM pants with the pads saved my legs and ass in those falls!

I havent been to Richland since '09, and had been raining for almost a week down there so it was pretty bad that morning.....heavy downpour had water gushing down some of the hills and it trenched the trails out pretty good in spots - didnt help much that my front tire was intermediate/hard compound for meaner surfaces as well as being half worn out

I havent been to Richland since '09, and had been raining for almost a week down there so it was pretty bad that morning.....heavy downpour had water gushing down some of the hills and it trenched the trails out pretty good in spots - didnt help much that my front tire was intermediate/hard compound for meaner surfaces as well as being half worn out

Yeah, back then it was crappy. I'll find out tomorrow if it is still as nice as it was a few weeks ago.

Your lucky to be close to good riding areas, there's little to be had over here without trucking the bikes over an hour......Puschetta Creek near Wapakoneta is a decent little moto track but I like trail/enduro more than lap after lap in the dirt......I dont fly over big doubles and triples, and the whoops kill my wrists and shoulders at my age :(

Always heard Haspen Acres in Laurel Indiana was monstrous fun for dirtbikes, but also heard there's a lot of drunks in buggies and trucks that make it dangerous for anyone on a bike so I've never been