computer nerds..I have a question...

serpentracer

do what? play data discs?

that's my dilemma, I have nero 7 and it will not burn any of the "torrent downloads" to anything. even as a data disc. but it's just a version that came bundled with the burner. it's not a full version. but it will burn anything I have from my video camera to a disc.

that's what I'm trying to find out, if I can burn those if I pay for the full version. nero doesn't say and no one on their forums will say.

(they're like a bunch of stuck up cry babies because of the content I want to burn)

Edited by serpentracer

just a tip, you need to ask how to burn avi (divx files) instead of asking how to burn "torrent downloads", because a torrent could be anything.

that being said, it would be cheaper to buy a dvd player that will play avi files than it would be to upgrade to the newest version of nero. just drag the files into you dvdrw drive and burn them as data files

Heres a thought' date=' dont download and try to burn copyrighted material.

Or at least dont talk about it in a public forum.

Just a thought.[/quote']

here's a thought, open up some damn rental stores again. there isn't any left. and no, those dumbass redbox and blockbuster things you see outside the gas station doesn't have shit for a selection.

and I said don't lecture me about it in the first thread.

if I like a movie I usually buy it.

...and I said don't lecture me about it in the first thread. if I like a movie I usually buy it.

Not a lecture, just a thought ;)

coming from the guy who brags about intentionally almost causing traffic accidents...

:dunno: All I did was change lanes :D Show me where that's a federal offense ;)

just a tip, you need to ask how to burn avi (divx files) instead of asking how to burn "torrent downloads", because a torrent could be anything.

that being said, it would be cheaper to buy a dvd player that will play avi files than it would be to upgrade to the newest version of nero. just drag the files into you dvdrw drive and burn them as data files

what kind of dvd/blue ray players are you looking at? the ones I see are all well beyond the cost of nero. I have a newer blue ray player (2 years old) and it will not play the file as it is on the computer. it has to be converted first.

I've only seen a few that were in divx format. the rest of them 99% of the time they're in a .MKV container.

besides, I'm not having issues watching the videos, I don't need to play them on a home player. my computer has a hdmi out I have hooked up to my tv.

I just want to know if anyone knows if nero will burn these kinds of files (the conversion is the catch not the burning)

Edited by serpentracer

I've only seen a few that were in divx format. the rest of them are almost always MP4.

I don't need to play them on a player. my computer has a hdmi out I have hooked up to my tv.

I just want to know if anyone knows if nero will burn these kinds of files (the conversion is the catch not the burning)

Use a bigger hard drive, or add an external to just store them all in that case. I haven't downloaded a movie in a LONG time, but that's how I always handled it. I was looking at one time to convert some of them so that they would play on the Xbox as a media center extender. I don't remember what I ended up using.

Use a bigger hard drive, or add an external to just store them all in that case. I haven't downloaded a movie in a LONG time, but that's how I always handled it. I was looking at one time to convert some of them so that they would play on the Xbox as a media center extender. I don't remember what I ended up using.

dude I have

1T sata

320 gb sata

160 gb pata

and a external 250 gb usb. space is not a problem lol

I want a good burning software suite and I have this coupon for $50 off and wanted to know if I should pull the trigger. if it will convert and burn these files for sure I want it. because to be honest it's one of the only burning suits that has ever worked very good in my experience.

Edited by serpentracer

When installing the newer versions, I've been very careful about which options to install, because all I want are the conversion stuff, and the burning stuff. They have a LOT of other stuff in there that will eat away at your resources if you're not careful.

If your problem lies with Matroska (.mkv) files, there's an open source project 'alltoavi' that uses mencoder to do what you want.

Alltoavi wraps a gui around mencoder for you non-command-line types.

VLC will play .mkv files, and is available for all OS's.

If you're havening (sic) problems with other file types, post it up - there's nothing that can't be worked around, and usually pretty easily.

nvm i thought you were copying dvd's to your computer to burn to another disc.

since you've already got the files onto your computer - nero shouldn't know that your files are copyrighted unless the torrent uploader embedded it into the metadata (need to find another torrent site if that's the case...)

you just need to figure out what format your dvd/bluray player plays and google the software that can provide that format as an option.

when I try to burn any of them nero starts to convert the files then stops and says it can't.

I figured it was because of what they were. or because I only have a copy that came with the burner. so it's limited unless I buy the full version. and that is what I'm trying to decide.

because everyone is saying nero is up the ass of the movie industry.

yeah I can play any of them all day long with vlc or media player.

this isn't really something I "need" to do. I was just mainly curious if nero will or will not. because I'd like a good set of burning tools. but if it can't burn those I'm not interested in buying something that expensive. and even their trial version is limited on what it will do.

Edited by serpentracer

oh well, I found something FREE and it does burn any of those to a disc.

seems to do everything nero does and some. like a youtube app that will download the video and convert it. and 3d photo and video creator.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

Edited by serpentracer