Ghost? You tell me

buildit

I had photos I took inside the building with no flash. If it was on auto it should have gone off inside there. It might be a digital error on the cameras part but why there, why then? There were 49 other photos in different lighting conditions that were all fine. Sony camera so it's not some cheap camera. If it's not proof it sure puts a question out there.

Photo sent.

Did you guys camp down there? Pretty cool place I do say. Been there a couple of times now and always thought it would be a pretty spooky place to camp once you read up on the stories.

We did not camp but I think it would be a blast to do so. One of the times we went somebody had set up camp in the middle of the tunnel, we were in the tunnel for about two hours that night and nothing happened but I have always wondered if the campers were close trying to figure out what was going on...:p

You say no flash, but I see retroreflective bits of safety gear lit up... (look at gloves of the guy inside the building doorway) Maybe flash was on Auto?

So have you had a chance to analyze the photo? Or did you have to send it to ghost hunters for the xenon bromide spectral analysis they do? :D

So, now that we know for sure it used flash (says so in the jpg metadata) we have to wonder if something that close to the lens could be lit up by the flash and whiteout because of it.

These are NOT dead pixels as far as I can tell - they are white but they have color variance too. Not all nulled out.

I will do some testing at home with some digital cameras I have - and I will be testing my best guess... ahem.. theory... that this is a wool/fleece/similar material that is very close to the camera and is lit up by the flash, causing it to be whited out.

The type of camera is important as I need to know where the flash is. If the object covers the flash (because the flash is on the left of the lens) then why does the flash reflect from some people's bike gear?

Turns out the S1414 has the flash on the top-right, so most of the light makes it past the object.

Buildit.... What gloves did you have on? What type of material did you have on your sleeves? Could there have been any rough wooly/fleecy material near the camera while you were taking this pic?

The type of camera is important as I need to know where the flash is. If the object covers the flash (because the flash is on the left of the lens) then why does the flash reflect from some people's bike gear?

Turns out the S1414 has the flash on the top-right, so most of the light makes it past the object.

Buildit.... What gloves did you have on? What type of material did you have on your sleeves? Could there have been any rough wooly/fleecy material near the camera while you were taking this pic?

No gloves at that time as they were on the bike. Even if I did they are neoprene snow mobile gloves I use for cold weather riding. Helmet was on the bike too. No one was next to me, closest person was in the door way of the prison. As Chevy said sony / Sanyo ((( :rolleyes:))) my tv is a sony. :D

Jacket is a Tour Master shown here.

meanpond.jpg

I totally believe in them, my cousin did the Mansfield Reformatory with Ghost Adventures and caught some serious EVP's....

I love Haunted Ohio Books and love watching that kinda stuff. BUT I think that camera pic is just a mistake, day light, no reason for the ghost energy to spike etc.

Also a friend of mine did family ghost hunts in Ashville OH and they have a ton of good stuff. Pretty old/historic town.

I don't know if I believe in ghosts. But I do believe energy can be stored in ways we don't yet understand. 200 years ago Electricity would have been viewed as magic, now it is understood. Radioactivity woudl have been viewed as witchraft. Wasn't long ago that turning chemicals into light hot enough to destroy missiles would be just crazy talk.

So can sound be converted to, and stored as, a type of energey we haven't discovered yet? I don't know, but I don't discount the possibility.

We don't know it all.

I don't know sort of a well defined edge for a mistake. Scruit can verify that it is the original photo and not doctored up I'm sure. Besides I'm not that tech savvy. Like I said too odd it happened once out of 49 photos, in that place.

Here's a photo from inside the jail looking out towards where I was standing.

SANY0041.jpg

Edited by buildit

Finally had a chance to try and recreate the pic. I used my Droid because it has a flash right next to the lens (Tried to a camera that has the lens sticking out like an SLR camera but the flash effect was not a brilliant white)

All I did was hold a leaf up close to the lens so that the flash lit it up.

Original image:

SANTOYGhost.jpg

My image:

photobucket-2769-1320444310846.jpg

Remember the original flash would have been much brighter than the white LED in my droid.

Close?

The main differences I see are that the orignal white blotch is quite well defined whereas mine is more blurry at the edges. This could be due to the difference in how the two cameras achieve focus - a large physical lens moving versus a cheap CCD sensor.

Edited by Scruit