Motorcyclist Crashes Into Deer, Gets Bike Stolen

Casper

think they were trying to help him out because he didn't have a valid license or something? If not i would think they would have been charged with theft.

Yeah, charging them with tampering with evidence is odd. I'd think grand theft of a motor vehicle, an F4, would be better.

if they thought they were doing him a favor, why didnt he ride along with them? and why would he report it stolen? wouldnt it make more sense to just tell police "my friends took my bike since they had a truck" instead of "those damn hillbillies stoled my shit"

Maybe they thought he was dead.... The insurance theory doesn't make much sense since they left him at the scene.

Tampering with evidence is a 3rd degree felony, 2-10 years in texas. Theft of something valued between 1500 and 20K is a "state jail felony" 180days to two years. Probably wanted to get them with a higher charge.

http://www.texasdefenselaw.com/texas-criminal-law-guide/crimes-punishments/

Oh, and "Use of laser pointers" Class C misdemeanor. Don't say i didn't warn you.

Edited by mgbgt89

Can't believe they didn't even try to help him get to a hospital

I know right? They took his bike and left him there to die? that's kind of F'ed up right there. I mean even if they thought he was dead... all they came up with was "F him, grab his bike and lets get out of here"

Edited by Xyloft