New plates and License for Ohio

TheBrown57

I like the euro style of plate, I wish we could opt for them here. :cry:

Much easier to read. Doesn't rust. Plate is assigned to car and never changes (unless you buy a vanity plate). Plate lasts the life of the car.

You can order a duplicate rear plate and when you tow a trailer you put the spare rear plate on the trailer - the trailer is not registered separately.

Edited by Scruit

Nice. Never really pegged you as a name caller.

No more than they do now. Renew your old plates as often as you like, switch them between vehicles, etc. Doesn't have to cost you anything more.

I think they are ugly and a waste of time! Good job Ksuck.. Just because u don't like a color?!? He said it isn't going to cost anymore to change.. But it costs us, since I JUST got a new license.. Are they going to force the new ones on you when u go and renew tags?

I think they are ugly and a waste of time! Good job Ksuck.. Just because u don't like a color?!? He said it isn't going to cost anymore to change.. But it costs us, since I JUST got a new license.. Are they going to force the new ones on you when u go and renew tags?

We get it, you don't like Kasich. :lol:

Is this the most important thing for our governor to be worrying about? Last governor had his wife design the plate and this one wants to undo it. Will the next governor have his kid design the next Ohio plate?

Bring back red white and blue. That did not need to be fixed.

I hate that Ohio can't decide on a plate. We change them every couple years. It's a waste and they all look stupid, like our DL's....
at least they don't force you to change plates, Indiana does.

I don't like that Ohio went to plates for ATV's now too. My quad has the sticker, but we had to get the plate for the wife's. There really isn't a good spot to mount the plate on the quad.

Edited by crb

That's funny - I just renewed my registration online the other day, and took the survey at the end. After skipping all these questions about specialty/vanity plates, in the comments section I said something about having no interest in repping some school or cause, but some color options like Texas would be nice, and ended with "Nobody wants the current Ohio design on their car."

Saw the white on black Texas plate on a black car and it looked badass:

www.myplates.com

I never figured out what happened to that format. My wife had XX99XX on one vehicle and I had XXX9999. Then soon after that all the XX99XX plates just stopped being issued and they went back to XXX9999.

I saw plenty of EQ99XX but never AX99XX, BX99XX or any other letter combination. Was that a one-year-only deal?

I think they picked up the sequence where they left off for the 3-letter, 4 number series, even! The XX99XX were only for the bicentennial plates, and I think they ran a couple years. They had to have room to the left for the "Heart of it all" logo, I believe, and 7 numbers/letters took too much room for that.

If the new Gov really wanted to make some positive change, quit screwing with a stupid design of plates and try reducing the costs by issuing you only 1 instead of 2 like the majority of the rest of the states.

Werd.

I was given the choice in December '09 of getting the new "beautiful" plate or one of the last red white and blue plates since they were scrapping the left overs after the first of the year so I hurried up and plated my car the last week of December. Thought I had it made since you never HAVE to get te new plates unless you want to. Well I got a lease in march and screwed that plan since you have to use the lease companies plates >_< I'll probably pay the extra $15 to get the new plates when I have to renew my bike because I hate the stupid farm!

And on another note, I saw this on a merc in the parking lot at work today and got really excited thinking you replace your plate with a euro style one because it had an ohio flag on it so I looked at the back plate and it was a regular Ohio plate but had the same numbers. Well after a little research at work I found a site you can buy these in a variety of different styles, they are not exactly legal but cool none the less.

ae8269db-d976-850b.jpg

In fact, you can get pretty much any country or US state with whatever you want on it, seems kinda illegal since you can just have plates made and commit crimes and the blame would go to that person who's plate you spoofed.

Used to be in the UK you could get plates made up at the local auto parts store. When you tow a trailer you put the car's number on the trailer, so peopel who tow need to have a spare rear plate made. Cost was $15. (subsequently changed to require proof of license# by showing registration)

I got UK front plates made up with my ohio number for a couple cars I had. Drove around with them fro about a month and finally just hung them up in the workshop because they got a lot of attention. Made my car too memorable. I'm content to disappear into the background when I drive so I was really uncomfortable sitting at a light and seeing all the people staring at my plate trying to figure it out.

Plus, when I murder people during my regular violent road rage episodes I don't like witnesses to be able to describe any identifying features on my car. Unless you know Subarus well it's jsut a "Black car". No bumper stickers. P/o tinted and debadged it and I left it that way.

I renewed my plates at the end of September and they didn't tell me I had to change them. In fact it's been a number of years since they made me change a plate for a vehicle that wasn't new to me. My truck has the bicentenial ones, and I like those. My bike has a similar red, white and blue one, and that's fine.

This is the first time I've seen the pink license. Pretty icky! Mine gets renewed next year and hopefully the pink is out.

I hate the beautiful Ohio plates so much that I was going to ask for a DUI plate for my Aprilia when I get around to tagging it. Looks like I won't have to now.

One of my cars still has the Sunset plate on it since it looks better than the RWB plates too. It's been on 3 cars now and despite its rust, it still looks better than anything that's come out since.

It's nice they finally made simple and plain available again.