Saturday 12-3 mostly paved ride

buildit

Anyone wanting to get out and just ride for a bit Saturday 12-3 we're having two meet ups.

1. 11am at the Speedway gas Station off rt42 and I-70 north of London Ohio

2. 12:00-12:30 at the Subway in Cedarville off 42 and 72 for lunch and then more riding.

Plan is to head from Cedarville South towards Czar Creek area and depending on time play around exploring, shooting some video and maybe some riding practice. Anyone with a street legal bike is welcome since I doubt we'll do much off road. I'll be on the black V-strom Dl1000.

This looks doable, but please remember that my Connie is a road worthy steed. See you there.

Greg

Just finnished planning the route and the worst it may cover will be some broken pavement. Don't worry, no single track. ;)

Oh, which meeting spot? Speedway or Subway?:)

Like it says above, a great day for a ride. We had a new rider with us, and she did a very good job with the pace set. Lots of sites, very little traffic, and good people to ride with.

Good call Luke.

So if you missed it, you missed it.

Ride safe all, and please, ATGATT.

Greg

Some pics for the day. Good riding but I got excellent gas millage because I never went over fourth gear, rpms below 5000 all day and I wasn't accelerating like I was being chased by cops. :lol:

stop.jpg

postoffice.jpg

oldcoveredbridge6.jpg

oldcoveredbridge5.jpg

oldcoveredbridge4.jpg

oldcoveredbridge3.jpg

oldcoveredbridge2.jpg

oldcoveredbridge1.jpg

oldcoveredbridge.jpg

HallsMarket.jpg

group2.jpg

group.jpg

groupbelowdam.jpg

coveredbridge2.jpg

coveredbridge.jpg

Man, I just read about this. :( I would have liked to join you guys today. I'm going to have to get on here more often... ;)

I posted it here, adv and KLRforum. I figured you just didn't like road rides. ;)

I just started looking at those sites about a month ago. I pretty much do all my online stuff on ST-owners.com since I have the ST1300.

But I'm addicted to the off road stuff now so I've been riding the KLR more than the ST here lately. ;)

I'm thinking about getting a real dirt bike or maybe a 250 ds. for the off road stuff. I'd like to have a WR250R. ;)

I just started looking at those sites about a month ago. I pretty much do all my online stuff on ST-owners.com since I have the ST1300.

But I'm addicted to the off road stuff now so I've been riding the KLR more than the ST here lately. ;)

I'm thinking about getting a real dirt bike or maybe a 250 ds. for the off road stuff. I'd like to have a WR250R. ;)

I have a street legal 426 if you really wanna kill yourself for $2300. :D

Good riding....
....but....I never went over fourth gear, rpms below 5000 all day and I wasn't accelerating like I was being chased by cops.

OK, and just how do these two word groupings juxtaposition in the same sentence? Yer gonna give squids a bad name! :wtf:

Definitely a great day for a ride. Not too many of these left in the season, tho. I was out for about 5 hours yesterday. Met a couple of friends in Rabbit Hash and rode the NKY twisties south and east to Falmouth, followed 22 to Willow, and then back north on 10 to Alexandria. About 200 miles for the day. If yer ever in Cinti and want to hit up the back roads, lemeno.

And lastly, this pic shows why you didn't come afoul of Johnny Law. Definitely NOT yer typical outlaw biker gang! Needed someone in a pirate doo-rag and assless black leather chaps to liven up the crowd....altho, to be fair, I wouldn't want to face the fella on the left after getting his daughter back long after curfew. :eek:

group.jpg

OK, and just how do these two word groupings juxtaposition in the same sentence? Yer gonna give squids a bad name! :wtf:

Honestly I havn't been on the strom too much this year. Only 3000 miles:eek: So a slow paced group ride was okay, especially since we helped break in a new rider. :D As for squids getting a bad name..... they need my help for that? ;)