Tire Disposal

Zach

What do you guys do with your old tires?

I asked the dude behind the counter at Iron Pony why I was being charged a disposal fee when buying new dirt tires (and NOT disposing any) and he says, "because I have to".

So I ask him if I can bring in the old tires after I've changed 'em and he says, "Nope."

umm....it doesnt work like that, ive bought tires from them plenty of times without dropping off old ones and never been charged that fee

i would throw a fit in that place if they tried to pull that stunt....that dude needs to be looking for a new job

i asked the guy at NTB once if i could throw mine in the pile and he was cool with it. its not like it costs them any more money to have them hauled away. he said, "I dont care, man. someone will probably take them over night, anyway. lol". and i said, "well the front has a huge cut in the side wall, so they'll probably bring it back. lol". then we both lol'd together........it was touching.

What do you guys do with your old tires?

I asked the dude behind the counter at Iron Pony why I was being charged a disposal fee when buying new dirt tires (and NOT disposing any) and he says, "because I have to".

So I ask him if I can bring in the old tires after I've changed 'em and he says, "Nope."

I think maybe we have some mis-communication. I bet you were charged $1 per tire for state tire tax. The description on your receipt probably reads something like "tire environmental fee". IP charges the state tire tax where applicable, and disposal (which is $1.50 per) is only charged when the tires are being installed there and old tires are being disposed by IP. In either case the clerk should have been more clear when explaining.

If you want to PM me the name of the person you dealt with, I will speak with that person. Also PM me your phone number and i will make sure you weren't charged incorrectly.

Absolutely- Bring them by the service department, Ask for Chris. I'll even take care of your disposal fees for your troubles.

It was a while ago and the dude probably didn't explain the fee clearly.

No need to take care of it, but I appreciate it.