2012 Bike Week Myrtle Beach May 11-20

gen4zx10r

I am wondering if anyone will be making the trip to bike week (Harley) this year? I am looking to go down; however, I want to ride, anyone interested? I have gone numerous times over the past decade but have never rode the entire way down on a sport bike. I only go for Harley week since everything closes for black bike week, which I learned after staying for that a few years ago.

There are more and more sportbikes every year. It's a good time no one messes with anyone unless you are dumb enough to tangle with the angels or mongols or get caught in between the two groups. If you go there to have a good time you will have a blast but if you go looking for trouble you will find it and probably wish you hadn't looked for it.

Edited by conn-e-rot

My Dad keeps trying to convince me to go this year but with my several planned trips to the GAP and whatever vacation I'll take, don't want to take more time off. Told him to save his money and start planning a Sturgis trip. I wanna go but I doubt I'll do the usual stuff, I just wanna ride the area

My Dad keeps trying to convince me to go this year but with my several planned trips to the GAP and whatever vacation I'll take, don't want to take more time off. Told him to save his money and start planning a Sturgis trip. I wanna go but I doubt I'll do the usual stuff, I just wanna ride the area

If you go to Sturgis and camp you can stay fairly cheap hotels are outrageous from what I've heard and you have to make reservations way ahead of time some places are booked for the following year by the end of the week.

If you go to Sturgis and camp you can stay fairly cheap hotels are outrageous from what I've heard and you have to make reservations way ahead of time some places are booked for the following year by the end of the week.

My Dad got an RV last fall and thats his new favorite obsession. He got it to haul his newly restored GTO and tour the country doing car shows.

His newest want is to goto Sturgis with it next year with my uncle, cousin and I. I'm the only one without an HD but at least my cousin will run hard in the mountains with me

I am wondering if anyone will be making the trip to bike week (Harley) this year? I am looking to go down; however, I want to ride, anyone interested? I have gone numerous times over the past decade but have never rode the entire way down on a sport bike. I only go for Harley week since everything closes for black bike week, which I learned after staying for that a few years ago.

i was wanting to go and i was trying to convince my dad to go with me and i want to ride down there too ... are there many sport bikes that go there?

Myrtle Beach is good during Harley week if you are not acting like a retard! I go on my sport bike, sure there are a ton of Harleys but there are also a few sport bikes as well plus all of the establishments stay open. As for Sturgis, I like riding but doing an Iron man out to the Dakotas is a bit much for me. 8 hours is enough for a trip

Myrtle Beach is good during Harley week if you are not acting like a retard! I go on my sport bike, sure there are a ton of Harleys but there are also a few sport bikes as well plus all of the establishments stay open. As for Sturgis, I like riding but doing an Iron man out to the Dakotas is a bit much for me. 8 hours is enough for a trip

Sounds like a good time. Id be afraid of parking my bike out side a hotel tho ever have any one mess with ur bike?

Sounds like a good time. Id be afraid of parking my bike out side a hotel tho ever have any one mess with ur bike?

I've never had any issues at hotels always park under or close to a light and I have a huge steel cable to lock it up just for some extra deterrent if someone is with me we lock the bikes together. Also when your headed to Sturgis it is unlikely you will be the only bike in the lot.

I wouldn't do the ride if I was on a zx10 either hell I doubt I'd do 8 hours on one.

I've done it a couple times down in Deals Gap with no issues but kept it pretty much right outside my door :)