Need a truck bumper. Suggestions?

max power

doesnt look that bad so I'd probably just leave it if it were my truck. Then again I could really care what my truck looks like, its a truck and I'm cheap sometimes

Let me see if my buddy still has a hook up on GM parts, he used to get me shit for my pontiac really cheap back in the day but I have no idea if he still works there

Cool! Thanks brian, part number is in OP.

let me know.

he just called me back, he doesn't work there anymore but he is going to try and see if he can still get the hook up. I'll let you know what he comes back with when I hear from him

Cool. Let me know if he can.

I got busy today and forgot to call LKQ. Is that the same place as the old midwest fender?

I think so. I think Action Crash bought Midwest Fender, LKQ bought action, or something like that. I might be totally off on this!

Well talked to my buddy this morning. He called over there but he can't get a better price than what you're finding already. He's a character, was ranting ad raving about that fact lol

Do you remember what brand it was?

Sorry so late. The seller is martinsautoparts on eBay. Type martin auto parts in the search and you'll get their stuff. I didn't look to see if they had one for your truck - probably do. They're in London, KY so the parts ship fast. The price I paid was $195 total shipped (for a chrome front bumper).

Here's how good they are. When I ordered and got my rear step bumper, there was a little plastic push clip missing from the lower right corner. All I needed was the stupid clip but they sent me an entire other bumper! I had to struggle with them to get an RA for the original one. It was like they didn't even care if they got it back. Good customer service, and the bumper is still perfect and it's been on the truck since January of '08!

I don't know, I think the biggest problem may be the rust coming through from the back. I think there's also a metal retainer strip in the upper cover that can stream surface rust onto the bumper.

Before I replaced my front, I went around asking about re-chroming. That's all it really needed. Prohibitively expensive.

For $200 I figured it was worth it. Just went out and looked close at it - it sits outside all the time - no rust anywhere, looks nice and classy.:)

Just use a cotton cloth and chrome polish before you put it on and do that once a year.

Thanks.

I checked them out. They apparently dont carry a bumper for a Suburban.

they're on the gay side of the internet.

they sell them you have to look in their online catalog.

it's on page 52. (pdf page 56) part number chtr2000. shop price is $126 list price is $164.

the painted one is only $110 lol

http://www.certifit.com/images/catalogs/COH.pdf

wait you have suburban. I was looking up a silverado. should fit though. price might vary.

Edited by serpentracer

oh and btw, that top plastic is a bitch to get on. it's just a tight ass fit. I'd put it in a warm area for while to soften up the plastic.

Yes definitely. It was undamaged, but it is deformed as it sits on the twisted up bumper. I'm hoping it will go back to its original shape when I take it off.