Buddy got a new Sierra Z92 WOW (no pics)

Beegreenstrings

You call something with a 5 foot box a truck?

I never understood the appeal of a quadcab truck, unless you've got a construction crew to haul around. Buy a regular cab long bed that can actually be usable, and use the left over money for a beater family car for when you need to haul around people.

All the disadvantages of a pickup, with less utility than a real truck. Perfect.

you can get a quad cab with an 8ft bed.....how does having more room inside the truck affect its usability?

my single cab is fucking cramped using it to work out of... i had to make a small box for behind the seat for some tools that i didnt want out in the elements, let alone having two people in the front seat plus whatever work equipment we have inside the cab

i usually work out of an extended cab truck, and we have it filled up completely. front middle of bench has a center console with paperwork for the job site.

back seat has our laser, electric drills, etc that cant be exposed to the elements or cost too much to risk exposing them

then have a tool box in the bed with our concrete saws and hammer drills

two tool boxes mounted on the bed rails for concrete tools and all our other misc tools like tape measures, wrenches, tape, whatever

plus a ladder rack we stand all our shovels up against and strap them to, as well as hauling pipe on the top and a ditch ladder.

hell even the bed is full (tamper, snake machine, whatever).....if our work truck was a single cab we would be so unorganized and cramped in it, it would be miserable

how is being single cab a requirement of being a "real truck"?

Single cab trucks suck. Had one for 2 months I drove daily, hated every minute of it. Give me my extended cab or crew cab. I'm pretty sure its a 6' bed on the crew cab GM's anyway and yes that 1' makes a huge difference

I drive a shit ton and I often have several people in my truck. I tow shit at least once a week. I have a Truxedo bed cover. This thing does everything I want and need with no sacrifices that wouldn't be had with any other truck

If you're gonna USE IT then fine. If that thing never sees dirt then it's a penormobile.

I have a lifted '87 Bronco with 33" mudders/gears/lockers etc but I actually take the thing offroading. It's not a daily driver.

Just like guys that have ABS and really don't need the "crutch"?

:rolleyes:

Lifted trucks are for guys with small penis, eh? Sounds like you might be envious. The Chevy is actually quite nice and very clean when seen in person. It isn't a Raptor for sure... Or an 87 Bronco...:cool:

you can get a quad cab with an 8ft bed.....how does having more room inside the truck affect its usability?

my single cab is fucking cramped using it to work out of... i had to make a small box for behind the seat for some tools that i didnt want out in the elements, let alone having two people in the front seat plus whatever work equipment we have inside the cab

i usually work out of an extended cab truck, and we have it filled up completely. front middle of bench has a center console with paperwork for the job site.

back seat has our laser, electric drills, etc that cant be exposed to the elements or cost too much to risk exposing them

then have a tool box in the bed with our concrete saws and hammer drills

two tool boxes mounted on the bed rails for concrete tools and all our other misc tools like tape measures, wrenches, tape, whatever

plus a ladder rack we stand all our shovels up against and strap them to, as well as hauling pipe on the top and a ditch ladder.

hell even the bed is full (tamper, snake machine, whatever).....if our work truck was a single cab we would be so unorganized and cramped in it, it would be miserable

how is being single cab a requirement of being a "real truck"?

tbutera-

These are all comments from guys that never have owned real trucks. They see them as needing to pull a trailer for weekend trips or a quick blast to the Home Depot to pick up a pail of Quickrete...

I can attest that a 4 door with an 8' bed is even at times not enough. While I agree at getting the longest bed possible, that's coming from a guy that hauls motorcycles and wants to be able to close the tailgate.

However, many a guys have had short beds and used them fine. That's why there are so damn many optional packages...

tbutera-

These are all comments from guys that never have owned real trucks. They see them as needing to pull a trailer for weekend trips or a quick blast to the Home Depot to pick up a pail of Quickrete...

I can attest that a 4 door with an 8' bed is even at times not enough. While I agree at getting the longest bed possible, that's coming from a guy that hauls motorcycles and wants to be able to close the tailgate.

However, many a guys have had short beds and used them fine. That's why there are so damn many optional packages...

I too would prefer to shut the tailgate but when all else fails, just take it off :lol:

258636_963830469065_21400303_44004317_1900544_o.jpg

Oh the truck is sick for sure, I love the new GMC's, but alas it's no Ford Raptor. Or hell even the F150 with an EcoBoost. By far the smartest engine design ever on a truck.

when I was out getting lunch yesterday there was a raptor parked, I literally just stopped dead in the middle of the lot and stared at it. I'm not the biggest Ford fan but those are sick friggin trucks

Just like guys that have ABS and really don't need the "crutch"?

:rolleyes:

Lifted trucks are for guys with small penis, eh? Sounds like you might be envious. The Chevy is actually quite nice and very clean when seen in person. It isn't a Raptor for sure... Or an 87 Bronco...:cool:

I don' tget where you're going with the ABS thing.

Or with anything.

I'll try again, and I'll type slowly so you can keep up...

- If you drive a massive offroad truck because you actually go offroad in it, then you're fine.

- If you drive a big diesel dually because you regularly tow or haul stuff then you're fine

- If you drive a massive offroad truck, or a big diesel dually, and you never go offroad and you never tow or haul stuff, and you only have the vehicle for its image, then you obviously have some self esteem issues that you feel must be addressed by making other road users think you're bigger and badder than you are. Hence, penormobile. This effect is made even worse by aftermarket modifications that make it more offroady, but you never drive it offroad.

They are no better than people who buy an ex-police Crown Victoria and then make it look like a cop car again by reactivating the wig-wags and spotlight, adding a CB do they can hook the mic cord over the mirror, hanging a set of cuffs from the mirror and putting "auxilliary brake lights" in the rear window that looks like blue lights. It's all about trying to make people respect you for all the wrong reasons.

- You wanna drive a cop car, then become a cop.

- You wanna drive a tow rig? Tow stuff.

- You wanna dive a jacked-up offroad rig? Drive offroad.

- You wanna drive a drag bike with a stretched swingarm? Take it to the strip.

We use the term "ricers" to describe people who take imports and make them LOOK fast (or try to) without making them GO fast, and we complain about how it's all about image.

We complain about soccer moms driving Ford Excursions to the elementary school and back. Same applies.

Did I make it simple enough for you, or do you need a picture?

Edited by Scruit

I like them. I have always been.a Dodge guy then I bought a Chevy and I love it. I wish dose would so something about their damn interior. That's what makes me.love my Chevy so much.

I'm not real familiar with Dodge truck interiors but you have to be the first person I've ever heard that preferred a GM interior over any other manufacturer. I knew we were friends for a reason :D

Dodge has the giant knobs to control the fan vent and temperature, they are hideous. Also Dodge has the center arm rest that flips up to make a third seat on the front bench. Again I despise that feature. I prefer to have a center console like a car. All of our work trucks have the stupid flip IP consoleand my grandpa is notorious for searching trucks for a pen and closing the lid but not latching it.as soon as you go in and flip the console up everything in it ends up in the back seat!

do not buy a new GM truck then, you've just described the interior of my '10 2500 :lol:

I prefer the flip up console arm rest for the ease of receiving road dome (you're married so I know you don't understand this circumstance) as well as when we tailgate we can cram 7 people in my truck

I think that GM looks badass.

I've driven a 07 Chevy, 05 F150, and now a 2009 Dodge 2500 in the last 2 years, all 4x4, and all for several months. The Chevy blows the others away in interior and comfort. odge interior is terrible, but love the Hemi. Ford 4.6 was just wrong.

You've used a 2011 Avalanche for the past two years? When did they release the 2011?

I know they tend to release the new model year halfway through the previous year, but I've not heard of them over a year early.

Sorry should have stated he has one and his wife has one. He owns a cleaning supply company and writes them off on business expenses. His was the 2011 now this. Hers was a 2010. he still has a 07 he offered to me for 7K but has 212K on it. I could not do it.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Plastic doesn't hold up well if you need to go off road.

my truck has seen little off road abuse and these plastic covers already don't hold, I can't imagine with real off road use would be like. Then again I don't know why anyone would keep a stock bumper for that kind of us anyway

I don't like them in case of an accident either. The minor accident I had would have been much worse if my metal bumper didn't help spin/push them around me. If I had a plastic bumper I don't think my truck would have been drivable.

I don't really off road, but I have been through 4'+ of snow without issue. Plastic just wouldn't hold up to that.

I don't like them in case of an accident either. The minor accident I had would have been much worse if my metal bumper didn't help spin/push them around me. If I had a plastic bumper I don't think my truck would have been drivable.

the plastic is a "bumper cover" ...theres still a metal bar behind it