WE DID IT!!! Congrats Dungey!!!

Moto-Brian

If only the brand was reliable.

That's pretty old school thinking... We are 83% of the off road market and we are pushing to increase within the MX/SX market. This is the first win for KTM in the SX series...

We won EVERY off road series we ran in 2011. Clean sweep for "unreliable" bikes...;)

That's pretty old school thinking... We are 83% of the off road market and we are pushing to increase within the MX/SX market. This is the first win for KTM in the SX series...

We won EVERY off road series we ran in 2011. Clean sweep for "unreliable" bikes...;)

They are beautiful bikes don't get me wrong, but the Adventure models are anything but reliable "for us common folk" and are a major pain in the ass to work on and do planned maintenance. Would I still buy one.....probably.:D

...We are 83% of the off road market and we are pushing to increase within the MX/SX market...

Explain, please.

KTM has 83% of the market? Can't possibly be right.

Not hating, just wondering what the heck you mean... :D

They are beautiful bikes don't get me wrong, but the Adventure models are anything but reliable "for us common folk" and are a major pain in the ass to work on and do planned maintenance. Would I still buy one.....probably.:D

Are you referring to the 950 Adventures? Cause the 990s are bullet proof... I know from first hand experience and can attest that what we've put them through, we've never had a failure... The 950s had some issues, though...

Hard to work on is a bit true, though on both.

Explain, please.

KTM has 83% of the market? Can't possibly be right.

Not hating, just wondering what the heck you mean... :D

Actually, we are the number one off road and MX selling brand now in the US. As for Off Road competition and market share, we control on average, over 80%. Think about Off Road... None of the big 4 have anything really to compare...

Now, MX is another issue and we are working rather hard at our MX presence. The sales side, we just went to number one which is a HUGE deal for us...

Are you referring to the 950 Adventures? Cause the 990s are bullet proof... I know from first hand experience and can attest that what we've put them through, we've never had a failure... The 950s had some issues, though...

Hard to work on is a bit true, though on both.

Yup you are right on the money, and glad to hear the 990's are proving well. They sure are a sweet ride, a "true" dual sport for sure.

Congrats to Dungey becasue i didnt think he would get a win this year.... BUT he still would not have gotten a win if not for Poto having to pass everyone on the track and Reed having issues, stewart having issues LOL Tadesco having issues so on so on!! Enjoy this one it will probably be the last of the season!! :D

Congrats to Dungey becasue i didnt think he would get a win this year.... BUT he still would not have gotten a win if not for Poto having to pass everyone on the track and Reed having issues, stewart having issues LOL Tadesco having issues so on so on!! Enjoy this one it will probably be the last of the season!! :D

Seriously? All those guys crashed or were in crashes and Dungey wasn't. That's called RACING! Here's the deal... If a rider is smooth and consistent and stays out of trouble, he can win a race. Now, was he the fastest? No. Was he consistent? YES!

RV had to pass everyone because he got in traffic issues that put him down. Guess how you can solve that? GET THE HOLE SHOT which is what Dungey did. Stewy got in a crash from traffic also... Guess what? See idea #1... Reed crashed as a lot of guys did that night. That was rider error. Dungey didn't make any errors during the main. Ivan isn't going to podium in a SX event ever. He's MAYBE top 5. Dungey is well above Hot Sauce.

And, if it is the last of the season, realize this. Dungey only won one main last year and look where he landed. So far, we've done pretty good, but thanks for being a Debbie Downer.

Seriously? All those guys crashed or were in crashes and Dungey wasn't. That's called RACING! Here's the deal... If a rider is smooth and consistent and stays out of trouble, he can win a race. Now, was he the fastest? No. Was he consistent? YES!

RV had to pass everyone because he got in traffic issues that put him down. Guess how you can solve that? GET THE HOLE SHOT which is what Dungey did. Stewy got in a crash from traffic also... Guess what? See idea #1... Reed crashed as a lot of guys did that night. That was rider error. Dungey didn't make any errors during the main. Ivan isn't going to podium in a SX event ever. He's MAYBE top 5. Dungey is well above Hot Sauce.

And, if it is the last of the season, realize this. Dungey only won one main last year and look where he landed. So far, we've done pretty good, but thanks for being a Debbie Downer.

Wasnt trying to get you that worked up, just was throwing out a little jab!! I can't take anything away from Ryan, he is very consistent and that is what keeps him towards the front most of the time. The biggest thing I have with him is the MR Nice Guy bullshit he has when he races, I would really like to see him fight a little more for a spot vs just letting someone around him... Also throw a block pass or something every now and then. Of course maybe thats why he never gets hurt and is always there to race for third. :D

Wasnt trying to get you that worked up, just was throwing out a little jab!! I can't take anything away from Ryan, he is very consistent and that is what keeps him towards the front most of the time. The biggest thing I have with him is the MR Nice Guy bullshit he has when he races, I would really like to see him fight a little more for a spot vs just letting someone around him... Also throw a block pass or something every now and then. Of course maybe thats why he never gets hurt and is always there to race for third. :D

Very true. Ryan needs to get more aggressive at times. He showed a little bit of that in last year's outdoor series towards the end. But, you are 100% truthful in that. If he wants this title, he has to go through RV for sure and to do that, he needs to get some more speed, but also some more aggression.

• 3 months later...

Things should be looking great for Dungey, he seems healthy again and all the other top riders are out now. It would be great to see Dungey and KTM bring home the outdoor championship.

It was just announced that Villopoto will not be riding outdoors now after being injured at the last SX event in Seattle.