Rc51 turns but wont start. please help.

cOoTeR

hey Cooter sent you a PM give me a call I might be able to help you out

Thanks. I called left a voicemail.

I used a piece of wire in the service port or whatever its called and got the fi code. It blinked once paused then 9 more blinks. I googled 9 blinks which was the Iat sensor. I haven't found where that's at yet been googling it but no answers for the rc51 just the 929. Would it be the same location?

For 19 flashes It says

"loose or poorly connected ignition pulse generator connector. Open or short circuit in ignition pulse generator wire. Faulty ignition pulse generator."

WTF does that mean?

according to what I'm seeing it says to check wiring-

when you pop the left lower off, it should be the harness that is right next to that main fairing support - where that phillips bolt secures to.

When you check the wires don’t just check the connections. Look at every individual wire that you can follow. Run your hands over it and really look at each wire. I have had a wire get pinched and cut through the insulation. It will only ground out at particular times and is very hard to diagnose.

according to what I'm seeing it says to check wiring-

when you pop the left lower off, it should be the harness that is right next to that main fairing support - where that phillips bolt secures to.

When you check the wires don’t just check the connections. Look at every individual wire that you can follow. Run your hands over it and really look at each wire. I have had a wire get pinched and cut through the insulation. It will only ground out at particular times and is very hard to diagnose.

Thanks I'll check that out tomorrow.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15166&thumb=1

I think this is the wire the code is referring to, its coming out of the stator. It appears intact all the way to the connector.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15167&thumb=1

The wire is back in here.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15168&thumb=1

It runs up here to the voltage regulator (I think that's the VR).

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15169&thumb=1

this is the connection, there is no current on either side of this connection.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15170&thumb=1

The above mentioned connector is the one on the left. The one on the right also connects to the Voltage Regulator but does have a current.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15171&thumb=1

Another pic of the VR.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15172&thumb=1

This connection is the one on the right and has current.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15165&thumb=1

This is the connector going to the fuel pump. The middle wire is the only wire with a current but it is very very weak and it only lights up the test light after turning the starter.

Is there any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Take it to Josh Parker at Mid Ohio Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha in Mt.Vernon if your anywhere close. It's great to be able to fix stuff yourself and learn the bike, but then there's a time to let a good Tech do the job and learn from him what the problem was.

For me, especially when it comes to electrical problems.

I would but I'm in Arizona now. Moved out here for work and I don't know of any good shops around me. Also I don't have a truck to take into the shop yet. But I think I'm going to have to take it in.

I would but I'm in Arizona now. Moved out here for work and I don't know of any good shops around me. Also I don't have a truck to take into the shop yet. But I think I'm going to have to take it in.

PM Eviltwin. He should be able to hook you up with some good shops in AZ.

I didn't notice this the first time I had the fuel pump out but I think its been tampered with. This was under the rubber piece that is covering the screen on the intake for the pump.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15189&thumb=1

I don't think this is a stock part. Unless scratch pads are an OEM Honda part.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15190&thumb=1

Have you looked up the pump schematic? It might be missing something that the scrubbie was substituted for. There has to be a reason for stuffing that thing in there.

I haven't checked yet but I need to.

Take it to Josh Parker at Mid Ohio Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha in Mt.Vernon if your anywhere close. It's great to be able to fix stuff yourself and learn the bike, but then there's a time to let a good Tech do the job and learn from him what the problem was.

For me, especially when it comes to electrical problems.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Let Mid-Ohio fuck it up! I wouldn't let them work on my bicycle!