For those interested in a mobile app for Ohio Riders

Casper

Would you be interested in donating for an Ohio Riders mobile (Andoid and iOS) app?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in donating for an Ohio Riders mobile (Andoid and iOS) app?

The cost would be roughly $300. Would you be interested in chipping in? If we could get the cost covered, or at least most of it, we could either have the app as free or dirt cheap like $0.99. The app provides for image uploads and everything. Basically a fully function site within the mobile app. This is for the app made by vBulletin specifically for the site. The other option would be to find a developer willing to make a custom app for us, but that'd probably cost much, much more.

EDIT: This would be for Android and iOS. Two apps. I guess I should've have specified.

EDIT 2: These are screenshots of the iOS app. Obviously, the colors, graphics, etc would be changed to match Ohio Riders:

http://imgur.com/a/qxFGl

0Eeyn.png

6aMBR.png

Fuor8.png

Ayjpu.png

AgbRu.png

0KMpy.png

3P56u.png

RsOHq.png

jzeyd.png

4h3Jz.png

rJono.png

l5DEs.png

DOeiB.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

The Android and iOS apps have been updated, and they're pretty freaking slick. Most of the bugs are fixed. So, I'm comfortable moving forward with this if you all are.

I guess the easiest way (and without fees) would be checks. They can be written and mailed to:

Ohio Riders

PO Box 553

Pickerington, OH 43147

In the memo line, be sure to put your screen name and the word "app" so I know what it's for. It is a several week turnaround on this with waiting for design, then waiting for approval by Apple. I don't believe the Android app requires approval, so that one will probably be up quicker. This app does require us to upgrade to vB4, but as I've mentioned before, we have to. vB3.8 is at EOL (end of life) and is no longer supported. I'll make plans to get that ball rolling so we can start using the apps as soon as we can.

Seriously, thank you all. I can't believe how fast people stepped up to get this going. It's just amazing.

tyler524 - $20.00

granda080 - $10.00

Tonik - $20.00

snot/hellmutt - $10.00

chrisknight - $20.00

VanDySS - $20.00

ReconRat - $30.00

namtugeoj - $10.00

Cdubyah - $20.00

Jst2fst - $20.00

Cleavethegreat - $10.00

TheBrown57 - $30.00

Casper - $30.00

RSparky - $20.00

Total - $270.00

could we raise $150 and just make the android version and leave the IOS people out? :D
:lol: I approve but that would never happen with Casper.

Based on our Google Analytics, there are around three times as many iOS users viewing the site than Android.

Based on our Google Analytics, there are around three times as many iOS users viewing the site than Android.

I'm disappointed Ben, I was expecting a much more :snarky: response

Could we get a poll on if people would donate $10/20 and see if its realistic to get $300

I added screenshots of the iOS app to the first post. I don't have an Android device, so I can't take any screenshots of that. I'm pretty sure it's damn near the same. If there's something in particular you want to see within the iOS app, let me know and I'll snap a screenshot.

And we're already up to $100. We might be able to do this after all.

if we could squeeze in a chat on this app i think more people will blabber on the cat box rather than midnight firsty chatwars alone :D

The chatbox isn't a part of vBulletin, so I highly doubt it could be a part of the app. I might be able to fit it in somehow though. More likely though, if we move to an IM type interface for the chat, it would be accessible via mobile web.