For those interested in a mobile app for Ohio Riders

Casper

Would you be interested in donating for an Ohio Riders mobile (Andoid and iOS) app?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in donating for an Ohio Riders mobile (Andoid and iOS) app?

Long time lurker first time poster. There is a free web page called:

www.appsgeyser.com

It's very simple to create your own Android App for free. If you know HTML you can create anything!

I don't know html and made this little thing in about 2 minutes..

http://www.appsgeyser.com/Ohio+Riders.apk

Hope you don't mind me doing that.. Just want ed to show you what can be done by a non html idiot like me.

Sounds like an option to make a free app?

Thanks for the web site! It's been a great resource for some good summer runs!

Eric

Long time lurker first time poster. There is a free web page called:

www.appsgeyser.com

It's very simple to create your own Android App for free. If you know HTML you can create anything!

I don't know html and made this little thing in about 2 minutes..

http://www.appsgeyser.com/Ohio+Riders.apk

Hope you don't mind me doing that.. Just want ed to show you what can be done by a non html idiot like me.

Sounds like an option to make a free app?

Thanks for the web site! It's been a great resource for some good summer runs!

Eric

That wouldn't allow anyone to post unfortunately. I've looked at that tool before. Would work great for a website with fairly static content.

Update on vBulletin's mobile app. Evidently, new programmers have been hired, as well as a new director of mobile stuff. They have updated a lot of the bugs, and posted an update is due out in February. I'll keep this updated as I hear more. I still think their iOS app is one of the best out there, but definitely don't want to go forward until the Android app is rocking as well.

And someone asked about it running on an iPod; it does.

I actually found this place through tapatalk through my phone, I enjoy using that one. It was only $2 and has an easy format and has plenty of other sites. I dont know if I would do the app thing for just one site, but that my personal opinion. Take care.

Jasun

I actually found this place through tapatalk through my phone, I enjoy using that one. It was only $2 and has an easy format and has plenty of other sites. I dont know if I would do the app thing for just one site, but that my personal opinion. Take care.

Jasun

I had a hard time installing something on my site that made another company money by using our content. Alas, enough users wanted it so I installed it.

• 3 weeks later...

The Android and iOS apps have been updated, and they're pretty freaking slick. Most of the bugs are fixed. So, I'm comfortable moving forward with this if you all are.

I guess the easiest way (and without fees) would be checks. They can be written and mailed to:

Ohio Riders

PO Box 553

Pickerington, OH 43147

In the memo line, be sure to put your screen name and the word "app" so I know what it's for. It is a several week turnaround on this with waiting for design, then waiting for approval by Apple. I don't believe the Android app requires approval, so that one will probably be up quicker. This app does require us to upgrade to vB4, but as I've mentioned before, we have to. vB3.8 is at EOL (end of life) and is no longer supported. I'll make plans to get that ball rolling so we can start using the apps as soon as we can.

Seriously, thank you all. I can't believe how fast people stepped up to get this going. It's just amazing.

Count me in for $10 or $20 if need be, gotta be better than tapatalk!

Sent from my iPhone using SIRI

What's wrong w tapatalk? I use it daily. Other than an occasional "bleed over" from other forums or an un requested logoff after closing ,I love it.

NoBama 2012

What's wrong w tapatalk? I use it daily. Other than an occasional "bleed over" from other forums or an un requested logoff after closing ,I love it.

NoBama 2012

I'm not a fan. Plus, it's a 3rd party making money off the content of someone else's site. If I hadn't had so many people asking for it, I probably wouldn't have it installed on the site.