I screwed up while repacking my you yoshi's

2talltim

So today I decided to go out and repack my cans. as I am almost finished putting back together the first one. I realized I forgot to put the band back on under the rivets in other words I wasted eight $1rivets from yoshi. Does anyone know what's the difference between their rivets and a standard one you can buy at hardware store is. or do I need to just spend 10 bucks in order the new ones. sorry about my punctuation and grammar I'm using text to talk on my phone because my hands are a mess

Just buy stainless rivets that are the proper size. They might have used ti-rivets, but doubt it.

Just be prepared to use some hand and arm strength. Good stainless rivets are a beotch.

Yeah that's what these are my hands are freaking sore

More than likely, Yosh doesn't have proprietary rivets for their cannisters - hardware store should have comparable substitutes, just need the hole diameter and grip length ( depth of what you're riveting ) that should work fine and save time/money over Yosh's parts - sucks man, stainless rivets of any size are a pita to work with. Good luck

i used grip length .125-.250 in and dia .196 in for my stainless yoshis on my tlr. your carbon cans might have a thicker wall than the ss cans, though, and may need a longer grip length. i couldnt find ss rivets locally at the time, i ended up ordering from mcmaster-carr.

i used grip length .125-.250 in and dia .196 in for my stainless yoshis on my tlr. Your carbon cans might have a thicker wall than the ss cans, though, and may need a longer grip length. I couldnt find ss rivets locally at the time, i ended up ordering from mcmaster-carr.

^^^^^ this!!!