XDSC, M&P, or other  

31 members have voted

1. 1. XDSC, M&P, or other

• XDSC 9mm
    • XDSC 40
    • M&P Compact 9mm
    • M&P Compact 40
    • Other

Okay so I want an alternate carry gun/HD gun since I sold my XDM, and hopefully have my M6 Scout sold.

My main carry is a Sig 229R .40

XD subcompact or M&P? Opinion pls.

I was looking at the glock line, but I like the being able to use the higher cap mags, with the sleeves(xgrip).

Then the next question .40 which I have a stock pile of or go with the 9mm for capacity and start stock piling 9mm?

Edited by crb

Glock. Not saying that for fanboi status but.... well....shit who am I kidding. Glock ftmfw!!!!

Really if you go with a glock 23 (40cal) it conceals easily, and you can buy a lone wolf barrel for cheap and shoot 9mm. Two guns for the price of a gun and a barrel.

And better yet if you buy a glock we will let you onto team Tupperware and you can come shoot with us on the weekends. :)

The Guy at fin, feather, and fur must not have known what the hell he was talking about! He should just have said "I don't know". Anyway I asked of I could use the higher capacity mags in the M&P and he said "no and the same for the glock. Sleeves are available for both so you can use higher cap mags in the subcompact models! Grrrrrr ignorant no good dead weight! I wasn't planning on buying there anyway they just have a larger selection.

9mm is significantly less expensive, but I'd personally stay with .40 since that is what you have.

I've subscribed to and kept every issue of Gun Tests Magazine since January 1996. Over time, the XDs have consistently had the highest rating of the three, but I didn't like mine and sold it. Just never felt right. Glocks vary by model over time with lowest ratings being a "B". I love the Gen4 19. It works for me. Early M&PS had terrible ratings, but are recently right up there with the other two. I've never owned one or even held one, but some (really only Chebby) really like them.

I have had all 3 yes even the damn MP. There I admitted it, that being said it was also the fastest I've ever got rid of a gun too. Have the XDSC as well. Had it in 40 sold it and got the 9 to make all my handguns be 9mm. I replaced the XD as soon as I sold it and never once thought about replacing the MP. I still like my Glocks way better, ill still carry the XD on occasion but its rare. Spend some time behind a Glock and chances are you'll come to love it. I don't mean 1 or 2 mags. Spend a whole day at the range with it and I think you'll find you shoot way better with it. Besides that there are more options, accessories, parts ect available for Glock than any other and available at more places. On top of that there are numerous rifles and carbines set up to take Glock mags so no need to manage several different mags.

The price difference between the .40 and 9mm is in the range of 4 to 6 cents a round for the ammo I have been using. Over the long run that could be significant but for me that is only $3.00 a week extra and I really like the snap of the .40.

I have no idea if a Glock would be right for you but my Glock 23 is one sweet pistol. And yes the mags for the bigger guns will fit in the smaller ones no problem.

Edited by Scarlett Harlot

M&P. Fit's your hand better than the Glock bricks, more reliable too. Haven't had issues with mine or seen many issues first hand. Have with Glock though. They use cheap plastic parts like the spring rod. Cheap parts for a cheap gun.

:bow:

Personally i love my M&PC .40. I have a Glock 9mm and yes it shoots ok but does not feel as comfortable to ME as my M&P. Plus the M&P comes with 3 backs and you can fit your personal hand a little better with these IMO. M&P FTMFW!!! :D

Way more than 6 pennies there. Where I get my ammo it is $11.99 or $12.99 vs $14.99 for practice rounds.

I don't see much of a price difference, plus during the Obama scare 9mm and 45 couldn't ne had near me. Everytime 9 or 45 got put on the shelf it was gone. I'm leaning towards a 9mm just because I don't own a 9mm anymore. Wont take long to stock pile s couple thousands rounds. The down side is I probably have 1,000 rnds of 40 HP.

:bow:

Personally i love my M&PC .40. I have a Glock 9mm and yes it shoots ok but does not feel as comfortable to ME as my M&P. Plus the M&P comes with 3 backs and you can fit your personal hand a little better with these IMO. M&P FTMFW!!! :D

Gen 4 glock comes with back straps too ;) .

I'm kind of intrigued by the new xds 45acp waiting for it to hit local stores.

Me too, supposedly a 9MM and 40 will follow. I haven't care too much for the single stacks I've seen so far. The LC9 doesn't impress me. I would like a Sig 224 that is due out soon, as it will take the 229 mags, but I don't like the MSRP.