Tires! Tires! Tires!

Hoblick

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the PR3's that much better. Ive decided I want a Road tire as I dont have the cash to do a trackday anytime soon and ride a lot of highway. I was Eyeballing the Conti Motions because Ive heard great reviews on them and they are way cheap. $180 a set compared to $290 for the PR3s.

The big advantage of the PR3 over some other tires, even its predecessor the pilot road 2, is its wet traction. The New 3D siping on the tire, Sipes increase the tread's drainage capacity they also generate pressures at the edge of the sipe blade, which help break through water film.

I personally loved the Pilot Road 2, had them on my VFR and i will be replacing the Tires on the Multistrada when it needs it with a set of PR3s. They are a very long lasting tire, but still have the grip of a performance tire. I do alot of touring, and need the best of both worlds, the Pilot Road series of tires from Michelin just works for me. I wouldnt be afraid to do a track day on them!

Edited by Hoblick

What's your thoughts on, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT? Mostly street riding, maybe one or two track days a year. They're for my 09 R1.

I ran 1:20s at putnam on my 07 gsxr 1k with just a slip on and 2cts!

I only run 1:18s on my 06 track bike with full suspension and michelin dots!

The 2cts are def great tires!

Cool! Thanks for your review. ;)

2CTs are great tires!

like mentioned already , you can do a track day on them no problem and cut some good times.

If you want to bump up a notch you can go to a Pilot Pure which is also an incredible tire.

The difference is, the pure is lighter, and also the softer compound comes up farther on the side of the tire.

Power 2CT

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=pilotpower2ct

Pure

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=powerpure