new job!

magley64

I'm gonna be doing some product development work for blow molded parts...

Any RIM materials? I'm not familiar with the blow molding process, just a little with RIM. Making mushrooms out of the iso and poly was fun :)

Blow molding is a process of making a thermoplastic preform, then heating it until the material becomes pliable, closing a mold around it, then filling the preform with air until it fills the cavity...

Apparently this company does 90% of their business for a well known motorcycle(and auto) manufacturer...:honda:

Blow molding is a process of making a thermoplastic preform, then heating it until the material becomes pliable, closing a mold around it, then filling the preform with air until it fills the cavity...

Apparently this company does 90% of their business for a well known motorcycle(and auto) manufacturer...:honda:

That's gotta be a pretty high PSI to force the plastic preform into all the mold cavities. I was blown away by how many tons of pressure it took to keep the reaction injection plastic inside the mold and to fill all the cavities. Every time I walked into a factory of my old gig it felt like I was in How It's Made. Glad you've found something stimulating.