Gas may be $4/ga tomorrow

chevysoldier

From Gas Buddy:

BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Gasoline prices in MI, IN, OH, WI, may break $4/gal as soon as tomorrow. We're preparing to send alerts. If you need gas, know that we expect a hike in these areas to $3.95-$4.09 in the next 36 hours. Share with your friends and save them money too!

They are usually spot on with price predictions. Just a heads up if you need to fill up.

Our dependence on foreign oil has decreased since that Marxist took office. Domestic usage has increased. I can't believe the nerve of that guy!

Yup. Obama did it all. By opening up government lands for drilling he single-handedly increased domestic oil production. What's that you say? He didn't open up any lands for drilling? Well then how did he increase oil production? Wait? Private companies on private lands are responsible? Capitalism is responsible!? No wai!! Impossible!! Capitalism is the devil!!

:lol:

• Upvote 3

there are some of us here who remember the national speed limit going to 55 mph......

Ive seen some of you people on here, im sure some of you remember cars not capable of 55mph. Ahh the "when i was ur age stories", gotta lovem. My mom has a picture of my dad posting a gas price of 1.15/gallon with a line of cars, think that was like 20-30years ago

Edited by scottie.harris

Yup. Obama did it all. By opening up government lands for drilling he single-handedly increased domestic oil production. What's that you say? He didn't open up any lands for drilling? Well then how did he increase oil production? Wait? Private companies on private lands are responsible? Capitalism is responsible!? No wai!! Impossible!! Capitalism is the devil!!

yah i mean what the fuck did he do anyway?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/us/politics/15address.html?_r=3&hp

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/14/nation/la-na-obama-alaska-20110514

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=111458

The Obama administration announced Monday it was moving forward with oil-drilling leases issued off the coast of Alaska by the previous administration, marking an important development in the battle over Arctic Ocean drilling.

and also...

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/01/13/13greenwire-two-thirds-of-federal-oil-and-gas-drilling-per-13123.html

The Bureau of Land Management issued 4,090 drilling permits in fiscal 2010, but oil and gas operators drilled 1,480 new wells, using about 36 percent of permits issued.

look. just to be clear. im not saying that obama did it ALL and the increase in production is 100% due to him. obviously thats not true. of course there has been increased production in north dakota which has helped out.

but to say that he hasnt done anything, wouldnt be true either.

gas prices and oil production are complex issues, and no one party is 100% responsible for either of those. its not like obama sets the price of gas for the country when he wakes up each morning. changes in our oil production do not happen overnight either.

i feel that while domestic oil production has a large role in our energy security and our economy, its maybe not enough to change oil prices globally long term.

Ive seen some of you people on here, im sure some of you remember cars not capable of 55mph. Ahh the "when i was ur age stories", gotta lovem. My mom has a picture of my dad posting a gas price of 1.15/gallon with a line of cars, think that was like 20-30years ago

When I had my moped ('86), I was 14 and paying $.75/gal. I couldn't believe gas went up to $1.00/gal soon after that.:D

If only there was an alternative to cars.... something smaller, faster, lighter.... maybe fewer wheels to cut down on drag..... if only.

Either way, you are still using gas....doesn't matter what you drive or ride, this crap needs to stop because it is effecting all of us.

When I had my moped ('86), I was 14 and paying $.75/gal. I couldn't believe gas went up to $1.00/gal soon after that.:D

Back in '97 I worked in Nerk and lived in Columbus. I'd fill at the pilot on 37 and 70 for $.89/gallon. That wasn't THAT long ago.

Either way, you are still using gas....doesn't matter what you drive or ride, this crap needs to stop because it is effecting all of us.

Oh, I agree. I was trying to get in my annual motorcycle-related post.

• Upvote 1

Back in '97 I worked in Nerk and lived in Columbus. I'd fill at the pilot on 37 and 70 for $.89/gallon. That wasn't THAT long ago.

I don't remember gas being that cheap in '97, but I also had a company car and gas card, so, I really didn't pay ANY attention to the price of gas at the time.

yeah i remember in like 99 getting it for a little over a dollar. i had a crown vic and i would drive from new albany to newark and it would take a quarter tank lol. i made this trip a few times a week for a couple years lol.